Prologue

"And now presenting the star of tonight's show and the brains behind the amazing collection showcased today, ladies and gentlemen presenting, Ms. Athena Robinson!" 

I walk out on the stage, and the thunderous claps and camera flashes are a sign that my show was a success. As I walk upfront, the emcee hands me the mic and ushers me to say a few words.

"Thank you all for being here and supporting me, it is an honor to showcase my fashion skills to you all. A special thanks to the models who added the panache to the outfits, thank you all once again, have a good night,'' with that I walk backstage, only to be greeted by my assistant Nancy, who is smiling from ear to ear.

"Our second show was a success Ms. Athena! The show will be all over the news tomorrow!" 

"Yes Nancy, and the more exposure we get the better for us, let's hope and pray that we have the same response from the local public tomorrow when the clothes are officially released to all outlets. Make sure all the shipments reach the outlets before midnight, I want them displayed first thing tomorrow morning." 

"Yes Ma'am" she says and walks away.

I walk towards my car and leave. It has been a long week and an even longer day. My fashion line, Nightshade successfully showcased our second line of clothing, and now all I wish to do is be at home, pour myself a glass of wine and relax.

Home, it can mean different things to different people. For some it's the place, for others it's the people. For me, home is what I left behind eight years ago. 

I still miss the morning views of the mountain peaks, the smell of dew every morning when I go for my runs, the sunlight shining on the snow of the mountain peaks.

I miss my room, I miss my family and most importantly I miss my pack, nestled in the deepest forests of Vancouver overlooking the mountains is my pack, The Crimson Pack.

Having lived a normal human life for eight years, going to college, graduating, getting a job and now successfully launching my own business, I feel the need to go back to my real home, my real self and re-reconcile with my family. Over the years I have only kept in touch with my father since he was my emotional and financial support.

You see, I'm not normal human, I'm a werewolf. A werewolf who has been living as a normal human for the past eight years. 

I think it's now time for me to go back. I have people back here who can handle the business and I can work from home and send my designs so that they can get approved and processed, that way I will advance in my career too.

I wake up the next morning bright and early, go for a morning run and then hit the gym. I may not have practice in turning into a wolf since I have only turned once in my life when I was sixteen, but I always made a point to work out and practice at least two hours per day, so that my skills don't get rusty. In addition to that I also took martial arts classes so I can be prepared for anything at any time.

After breakfast I call Nancy and inform her of my departure. She seemed saddened but I assured her that I will always be available through phone and mail and with that I packed my bags, booked a one way flight from Toronto to Vancouver and left for the airport.

 'I'm coming home Dad,' I sent my father a text and got on the flight.

'I'm going home,' was my last thought before sleep took over me.