Chapter 27

''Ethan wait.... Ethan!'' I scream as I follow him. ''Stay away from me Athena, I can't even look at you!'' he shouts.

''Ethan please, I'm begging you to stop; please, '' but he continues marching forward in anger.

''Do you even know where you're going? Ethan! Stop! '' I yell again.

This time he slows down but still keeps on walking. I jog up to him and shove him on the ground.

''What the heck is wrong with you?'' I scream at him. 

''Me! What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you Athena? You hid this from me, for 8 good years. I am your brother; I told you everything, every single thing and you hid this from me. How could you?! '' he hisses in an accusing tone as he gets up from the ground.

''I didn't want to Ethan, you have to trust me on this, believe it or not you were the first person I wanted to tell, heck I even thought you would come with me on my first run! but I heard mom and dad talking when I turned. They said I was threat to you and the alpha position, I did what I thought was right at that time. I didn't want to be viewed as a threat. I was just 16 years old. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had stayed?''

''Nothing would have happened Ena, we would have protected you from everyone, even the council.''

''The council would have hunted me down Ethan, they would have killed me, ''I whisper slowly and see his resolve breaking.

 ''You could have at least told me, '' he says dejectedly.

''and what would you have done huh? You were just 19 years old,'' I tell him and take a hold of his hand warily thinking he might push me away but he wraps his free hand over mine, ''I'm hurt Ena, hurt that you didn't trust me enough with this and that I'm literally the last person to find out.

I hug him as my eyes brim with tears. ''I'm sorry Ethan, I am really really sorry. Will you please forgive me?'' 

 He doesn't say anything and I fear that he won't forgive me,at least not today, but he surprises me when he nods and starts wiping my tears. 'I'm still pissed that i'm the last person to find out but I forgive you Ena and I vow to protect you. If it's a matter of going against the council to keep you alive, I will stand by you and Theo, '' he says and I smile. ''Thank you Ethan.''

''We should head back to the dining hall or else your mate will come looking for us,'' he chuckles.

''He won't come, Theo knows when to give me space,'' I say proudly and he looks at me with raised brows.

''Does he now? you two have grown close in these past months haven't you?'' he asks and I nod as a blush creeps up, ''I love him Ethan. I really do,'' I confess and he laughs.

''I can see that, he does too you know, the way he looks at you; it's like you're the last slice of pizza in the entire world and only he gets to eat it,'' he says and that earns him a  smack him on the shoulder.

''Of all the things in the world you are comparing me to a slice of pizza!'' I exclaim. 

''A very good looking pizza, might I add'' he continues, trying to save himself as we head towards the hall.

Every one turns to look at us when we walk in. Mom tries to run towards us but dad holds her back. I look at Ethan and he nods. ''I will stand by you and protect my sister at all costs,'' he announces and everyone sighs in relief. He kisses my forehead one last time and I go to the high table to stand next to Theo who immediately entwines our fingers.

''Now that we are all on the same page, I would like to make an announcement, this is my decision as alpha of Crescent pack and I want you all to know this first before it is revealed to the public.