i

Lilian Grace Sheppard, the head of neuro since her brother had died. She had been working with her sister, Amelia, ever since. Almost a month ago, the new interns had arrived.

*flashback*

Lilian couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the new interns for the first time. She had just been out of a 17 hours surgery to remove one of the biggest tumours she had ever seen in a brain. When her eyes landed upon the interns, she froze, and then immediately bolted.

She paged Meredith, with whom she had become very close after her brother's death. She could feel her blood pumping in her veins, the panic in her heart. Usually, this didn't happen to her. Usually, she always appeared very calm. She wasn't one to talk much and was quite timid, but most people would agree she was a very good doctor and an excellent surgeon.

Lilian ran through the halls, wishing she hadn't told Meredith to meet her on the other side of the hospital.

When she got in the attending's lounge, Meredith was already there, and she immediately noticed how desperate Lilian was.

"What's wrong?" Meredith stood up and walked to her 'sister'. Lilian passed her fingers through her hair, then hid her face behind her hands.

"I fucked up real bad," she said, her voice muffled. "History is repeating itself. It's a family thing. There's no way this is a coincidence, because I swear to God, first Derek, now me. It will most likely happen to your children too, Meredith, you gotta be careful-"

"What happened?" Meredith cut her. She was starting to worry; Lilian wasn't one to panic. "Lily, what did you do?"

"I slept with one of the interns," she said behind her hands. Meredith immediately started to laugh. "This isn't funny, Mer! This is the opposite of funny!"

"Sorry," she said, wiping a tear from her eye. "Sit down. When did this happen?"

"Like, three days ago?" Lilian told her, sitting on a bench and taking a deep breath. "But I didn't know. I swear I didn't know! I was drinking, and he was - God he's hot - he was there."

"There you go, then," Meredith said, placing her hands on her friend's shoulders, trying to calm her down. "You didn't know. And they got here yesterday, so you weren't practically their boss three days ago."

"You're right," she sighed. "You're right. He wasn't an intern three days ago. I didn't have sex with an intern."

"Now that we've established that," Meredith trailed off, sitting in front of her. "Which one was it?"

"I don't know his last name," Lilian told her. "His first name is Andrew."

"DeLuca, that's his last name," Mer told her. "And I'm guessing he's the Italian one, the good looking one." Lilian groaned in frustration.

"Damnit, he is the good looking one! He gave me his number! I was going to call him," she whined. Mer laughed.

"You'll get over it."

*end of flashback*

Lilian definitely did not get over it. Her heart raced every time she was around DeLuca. He was a little bit rejected from the other interns because he arrived late his first day and had apparently posed as an attending when he arrived in an ambulance with a patient. Lilian hadn't been there, and it could have been a misunderstanding, so she didn't take the interns' word for it.

"I don't know what to do," Lilian told her sisters. Well, one of them was her actual sister, but she was really close to the other two. She did have an apartment, but Maggie had begged for her stay over at Meredith's because Mer and Amelia were practically at war. They cared about each other, but they would fight all the time.

"I say go get him," Amelia told her. "You're hot, he's hot, and he's right there."

"I'm his boss!" Lilian argued.

"Do you want it?"

"Of course I want it!" She exclaimed. "But I'm his boss, so what I want doesn't matter."

"I'm sure you could work something out," Maggie told her sister, dipping her spoon into the ice cream bowl.

"You too, Maggie?" Lilian exclaimed. "I can't have you guys give me hope like that."

Suddenly, a phone chimed, and all the girls pulled theirs out of their pockets to check it.

"It's mine; Owen is inviting me to stay over," Amelia told them. Lilian groaned and practically hit her face with a pillow.

"Why are your love lives so easy?" She cried out.

"I don't have a car," Amelia realised. Lilian threw Amy her car keys.

"I get why now," she mumbled.