v

"Okay. Warren are you on Arizona's service?" Lilian asked. The man nodded. "Okay. One of you go back to them, I need the other to stay here with me as we do a head CT on the boy."

"I can stay," said Ben at the same time DeLuca said "I'll stay." Ben frowned at him, but stepped back. "Fine, you stay."

"Ben, take the girl with you, alright?" She told Ben. "The parents are gonna want to see her," she said. Ben nodded and left the room.

"Why the head CT?" Andrew asked Lilian as soon as they were alone.

"He had close to no reflexes when he was born," she started to explain. "Tried it again before the test and still nothing. The mother said there was no pre-natal trauma, which must mean something is wrong with his spine or his brain."

"You're doing a brain surgery on a newborn?" DeLuca asked as he sat down beside her.

"I don't know," she said, lowering her head on her hands, elbows on the table, hiding her face in her hands. "I don't even know if he has anything, and if he does, if it'soperable. Even then, the surgery could be more deadly than whatever he might have."

There was an awkward silence as they waited for the results. Lilian was silently praying for him not to mention what happened between them a few weeks back.

"Are we going to talk about it?" DeLuca asked her reluctantly. Lily sighed internally, running her fingers through her hair.

"What's there to talk about?" She said dismissively. She did not want to talk about it.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that we had sex," he said innocently. "You know, you and me, at your shared appartment. The one you share with Dr. Robins. I've still got your phone number  by the way."

"DeLuca," she tried to make him stop, her cheeks hot red.

"You gave me your phone number before I even asked for it," he reminded her, turning his chair to face her. "That means you wanted something to happen." Lilian bit her lip, not confirming his theory. "Or am I wrong?" She sighed and turned her chair toward him.

"Andrew, you're a great guy," she told him with a sad smile. "You're smart, you're kind, and you're good. I mean, youre really, really good," she said shaking her head almost in disbelief. "Like... really good." He chuckled. "But all of that happened before I found out I was your teacher. This can't happen. You're an intern, and I'm your attending."

"You're telling me no attending never had anything with an intern?" He asked, obviously not believing it.

"Are you kidding?" She snorted. "My brother, my married brother, dated Meredith Grey when she was an intern." DeLuca raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Under the same circumstances. He had been cheated on and moved here. And then he met Mer and look at her now, with three kids."

"So, you don't want to follow your brother's steps?" He asked, very confused. He wasnt really following her point. He didn't know why she was telling him all of that.

"Well, I did that when I decided to go into neuro." The beeping from the CT results. Lilian held her breath as the results slowly appeared on the screen.

Everything appeared normal until she examined his brain stem.

"You've got to be kidding," she said as whisper. This boy had liver cancer and a stem glioma. She sighed and ran her finger over her tied hair.

"Is this a tumor?" Andrew asked as he pointed to the thing.

"Stem glioma," she nodded.

"So the boy has two cancers?"

"I don't know. Might not be malignant. If not, he has two different diseases. He is barely a day old and he's got two tumors," she shook her head sadly.

"What are you gonna do?" Andrew asked her as she stood up.

"Tell the parents. Let them make a decision," she told him. "I really hate my job, sometimes."