Chapter Two- Milkshakes and High Stakes

"I'm sorry we haven't hung out in a while; I didn't mean to push you aside over... you know." Chris placed his hand on Isaac's shoulder. "It's okay man. What's important is we're hanging out right now.". Isaac nodded and continued to stare off out the window. The headlights of other cars sped by, casting a glare on the window. Chris's rickety old truck could barely make it to the restaurant, but they eventually make it. "God, I hate this fucking truck," he punched the steering wheel, "I wish I had a normal car." Isaac opened the passenger side door and hopped out, "I don't know, man I think it's got a nice country aesthetic." Chris squinted at him, "yeah okay."
"Hey, at least you have a truck, man, my mom doesn't trust me enough to let me buy one." Isaac threw his hood over his head, hiding his brunette locks. He took a drag from his cigarette and threw the butt on the ground of the parking lot. The two boys walked over to the outdoor seating. This wasn't their restaurant of choice, but damn did they have some good milkshakes. The boys both ordered their drinks and sat at the table, the humid air curling Chris's hair. "You know, we could've just ordered from the car." Chris looked back to his truck parked twenty feet away, "shit you're right, oh well."