Verse/Ayah-4,5

Ayah 4:

وَمِن شَرّ النّفّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ

Wa min sharri an naffathaati fee al 'uqad

And from the evil of the blowers [sorcerers] in knots

naf-fathaat (a feminine plural) - in common arabic: women who blow on knots. I.e. It could also be an adjective of nufoos, the plural of nafs (those who blow into knots of magic.)

Nafs is a feminine, word. Naf-fasaat = feminine plural.

It could also refer to groups, people doing this magic underground collectively. 

Naf-fatha - to blow with a little bit of spit coming out of your mouth.

Naf-fakha - to blow really hard with your mouth. I.e. Nufikha fis-soor.

taNaf-fas - to take a breath.

The poet said; Hayaatuka anfaas - your life is just a set of breaths.

Naf-fathaat - those who continuously blow with a little bit of spit coming out of their mouth..

..fil 'uqad - Into knots.

Ayah 5:

وَمِن شَرّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ

Wa min sharri haasidin idha hasad

"And from the evil of the envier when he envies."

The problems were mentioned before, and now the root of the problem.

Allah told us the problems, and finally has shown us the root of the problems. Why would someone do magic on someone and harm them? Due to jealousy of wanting what they have.

The root is all jealousy. And from the evil of anyone who engages in Hasad (envy).

There are 2 types of Jealousy, a good one and a bad; The vast majority of people have the bad kind. I.e. He has a nicer house than me.

Teach your children good manners from a young age, wanting to share, the good reward's behind doing good.

The Government tries to talk and make communications with the Muslim communities. They said that they recieve hundreds of calls from Muslims who say that someone is a 'terrorist.' So the government checks up on the people and they realise these people are not involved in any such activities. And they said that most of these phone calls are from people who are inlaws, or in Muslim businesses competing with each other.

This is a real evil, and can have really harmful consequences, and it is all due to jealousy. Some people might say that they have jealousy and that they can control it. But this isn't totally true. You have to seek refuge in Allah if you get such feelings.

He will no doubt envy the one he is jealous of, and that will only grow - unless we seek Allah's protection from those feelings.

Allah did not say; Min sharri haasidin INA hasad-from the evil of the envier IF he envies.

Allah tells us that - no doubt - you will envy others if you feel Hasad/jealousy.

Min sharri haasidin IDHA hasad - from the evil of the envier WHEN he envies.

This envy might come out through the evil eye, i.e. You curse someone or pray against them by staring at them in a jealous way.

Allah's Messenger said; al Aynu Haq - the (evil) eye is true.

Allah says about the evil eye;

وَإِن يَكَادُ الّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَيُزْلِقُونَكَ بِأَبْصَارِهِمْ لَمّا سَمِعُوا الذّكْرَ وَيَقُولُونَ إِنّهُ لَمَجْنُونٌ

And verily, those who disbelieve would almost make you slip with their eyes through hatredness when they hear the Reminder (the Quran), and they say: "Verily, he (Muhammad SAW) is a madman!" [Surah Qalam 68:51]

they will stare at you to make you slip, and they say surely he is a insane man. (quran)

min sharri haasidin Idhaa hasada - from the evil of the envier when he envies.

i.e. We are seeking Allah's protection from the one who has feelings of jealousy, and when he makes that jealousy manifest (i.e. through the evil eye etc.)

Putting this ayah into the Main Theme of Darkness, we see that the envious/jealous person will never show his jealousy in your face, but he will do it behind your back. In ways which you won't be able to know who asked the magician, a harm which is unseen to you [Again, this is what Isti'aadha is - to seek refuge from an unseen enemy.]