⁰¹, THE HOME LIFE OF A PUREBLOOD FAMILY

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter one; The Home Life Of A Pureblood Family
Every witch who has half their wit knows who Harry Potter is. "

  THE FIRST DAY of September in the year 1991 was a day Madeline Potter had dreaded for a decade

  THE FIRST DAY of September in the year 1991 was a day Madeline Potter had dreaded for a decade. Because it was the day not only Iolanthe Potter-Black was to go to Hogwarts─ but the day Harry James Potter was to as well.

  And Madeline, a decade ago, had been faced with an impossible situation, one she regretted not fighting harder for every day since. It was the reason Harry Potter had been shielded from the wizarding world, why she'd not seen him since he was a mere baby, why Iolanthe and Atlas Potter-Black had only heard tales of their famous cousin.

  Why Madeline couldn't pick a dress to wear to Kings Cross, where she'd be meeting Harry James Potter for the first time since he was an infant.

  "Mum, Atlas put a jinx on my trunk and now it won't open!"

  "Mum, Laney's just daft and doesn't know how to open her own trunk!"

  Madeline quickly made her way out of her bedroom, rushing down the second-floor hallway and coming to an abrupt halt between two opposing doorways. Sadly, Atlas hadn't gotten the message─ hence the Gryffindor scarf now hanging from Madeline Potter's head.

  "Sorry, mum!" Atlas scrambled to his feet quickly, removing the fabric from his mother's face, "It was an accident, meant to hit Lane─"

  "How am I meant to get ready when he's ruining everything?" Iolanthe whined, crossing her arms over her chest, "He's charmed all my school clothes to my Gryffindor already, mum!"

  "Atlas," Madeline sighed, setting sights on the red and gold clothing inside Iolanthe's otherwise white bedroom, "You're making your sister's first day very difficult for her."

  "Oh, come on, you know I'll help you if you need it," Atlas informed, peering over his mother's head to look at his little sister, "Let me fix it─"

  "Considering you shouldn't be doing magic outside of Hogwarts in the first place," Madeline cut off Atlas gently, "I'll return them to normal and speak to Dumbledore for you."

  "Oh, right," Atlas mumbled, frowning to himself, "I always forget about that."

  "Mm, he's forgiven it time and time again because you have yet to do any real damage," Madeline reassured, brushing down her son's unruly locks, "Stay out of trouble this year, Atlas, please?"

  "I'll try," Atlas smiled boyishly, only making Madeline sigh, "Love you, mum."

  "Yes, yes, I love you too," Madeline waved off, turning to Iolanthe who was now crouched on her floor, sifting through endless piles of clothes, "Lovie, you'll be able to get more clothes at Christmas─ you haven't got to worry this much about it."