⁰⁴, STRAWBERRY TOAST FRIENDSHIP

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter four; Strawberry Toast Friendship 
But, Iolanthe, the House of Black used to be Pureblood royalty. Literally. "

  GEMMA FARLEY DIDN'T talk too much

  GEMMA FARLEY DIDN'T talk too much. But, to be fair, Slytherin was the one house that could get away with this; as every single first year was at least half-blood and didn't need the spiel muggle-borns got.

  They made it to the common room, in the dungeons of the castle, before the girl said a word.

  "You're Slytherins now," Gemma informed as if the word hadn't been shouted above the kids' heads minutes prior, "That means something. We have a reputation to uphold, and you won't be the year to mess it up. That aside; if you need something come to me, or Charles─ he's the other perfect this year. The girls' dorms are up the left staircase, and the boys' are up the right. Professor Severus Snape is our head of house, so if you're planning to suck up to anyone, make it him. Goodnight."

  "Well, that was informative," Iolanthe mumbled to Theodore as Gemma started up the staircase far to the left. "Can only hope I won't get lost."

  "Don't worry, I'll be your escort," Theodore flashed a small smile.

  "So we can get lost together?"

  "Exactly, that is the Slytherin mentality, Iolanthe," Theodore pointed, never losing his grin, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

  "Bright and early," Iolanthe nodded, unable to fight her own smile as she departed.

  She peered over her shoulder at the top of the stairs, only to find Theodore with a grin, waving her goodnight.

  There was some reassurance in knowing she'd have one friend tomorrow morning, but Iolanthe couldn't stifle her nerves as she approached her room, laughter and chattering seeping out from the open doorway.

  She should've expected it, most of these people had known one another for years already, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they acted as such. 

  But Iolanthe felt just a bit out of place as she dared to enter the doorway, reassured only by Ziggy's tail brushing her leg as they walked together.

  "Looks like we're rooming with a celebrity."

  Two girls stared at Iolanthe with matching smiles, both sitting on a freshly made bed, with neat robes and frizz-free hair.

  "Or royalty, depending on who you ask."

  Iolanthe flashed a nervous smile, approaching the empty bed she would call her own.

  "Daphne Greengrass," The blonde said, standing suddenly, "And this is Pansy Parkinson- we don't mean to be rude, truly, we've just grown up hearing about your family."