⁰³, THE SORTING HAT IS NEVER WRONG

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter three; The Sorting Hat Is Never Wrong
" I'm nothing like my father. "

  IOLANTHE WAS STILL attempting to digest the beauty that was the sight of Hogwarts on her first-year boat ride while she was met with the interior of it

  IOLANTHE WAS STILL attempting to digest the beauty that was the sight of Hogwarts on her first-year boat ride while she was met with the interior of it. The girl had to bottle her excitement and save it for later when she recognized Minerva McGonagall─ the woman and her mother were on a first-name basis due to a continual problem named Atlas and Iolanthe knew this was the last person to misbehave in front of.

  "The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," Rubeus Hagrid, groundskeeper and resident friendly (half) giant informed the woman proudly.

  "Thank you, Hagrid, I will take them from here."

  Iolanthe had heard about Hogwarts, she'd seen photographs and debunked every rumor her brother shared─ but stepping into the entrance hall created a magic of its own. It was huge─ so unbelievably, unimaginably huge─ and the carvings on the walls, the flames flickering merrily; Iolanthe knew it was where she'd belonged her entire life.

  McGonagall led the children to a chamber off of the corridor, the first years packing in tightly─ normally Iolanthe may have noticed Ron Weasley's arm pressing against her own, and make a comment about how this made the tip of his ears and nose turn beet red, but she was far too enamored with the castle to notice.

  "Welcome to Hogwarts," The woman spoke, "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

  The four houses are called Gryffindor─" Iolanthe's ears perked up instinctually. "─Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

  The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait quietly."

  "How exactly do they sort us into houses?" Harry prompted Ron once the woman left─ his eyes briefly staying on Iolanthe, who was still beside the redhead, and the black cat that had at some point appeared in her arms.

  "Some sort of test, I think," Ron said, "Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking."

  "'Course it doesn't hurt, Ronald," Iolanthe said boredly, "I doubt Dumbledore would put any of us in harm's way our first night here."