Completing Collections

After winning her match, Sakura found herself rather bored. Of course, she was well aware of the fact that she had an entire month until the finals after all, diplomats and Kages from the competing nations were yet to arrive in Konoha. But there was something utterly dull about the prospect of waiting.

Her lack of patience was probably something she'd picked up from Sasori during her childhood. She did try to be better at waiting for things, but she just couldn't help it. The desire for things to happen then and there almost overwhelming.

Regardless of her amount of patience, Sakura needed to figure out something to do, after all, at the end of the day, she did still have to wait for the finals.

The object of her attention being the idea of completing her tailed beast collection. Having collected the kyuubi's chakra in the Waves, she was more than excited to make the puppet.

Sharpened tools shaping the wood as she carved intricate designs into the blocks of wood. The various joints laying scattered on the desk pushed up against the wall whilst she pushed her chair aimlessly around the room.

As much as she enjoyed the de-stressing nature of carving, there were moments where she found it incredibly frustrating. One of those being attaching the pieces together.

Of course, using careful manipulating of her chakra strings and her own threads, it was significantly less challenging than what most puppeteers experienced. But that wasn't to say it was easy for her. Partically when she not only had to assemble but successfully hide a 6-7 ft puppet that looked like the fox that had terrorised Konoha.

Either way, she had to do what she had to do. That was why she was currently assembling it as best she could inside her bedroom. The puppet lying horizontally on the floor in order to actually fit inside it. The wooden fox suspended from the ceiling by various threads.

The plaster cracking slightly every time she attached another piece of the puppet. Of course, the threads themselves were connected inside the ceiling, but that didn't reduce the damage it did entirely.

With a sigh, she worked day and night, wrapping fabrics around the entirety of the puppet as parts were completed. The bright orange 'fur' protecting the joints from any potential attacks.

Of course, the kyuubi itself didn't have any particularly incredible special attacks like the other juubi. Due to this, she decided to use the only thing she'd seen. It's strange chakra cloak being the main feature of this design.

The fabric she used was then laced with some of her own chakra, this being only to try and strengthen it against the corrosive chakra of the kyuubi. Of course, her own chakra would have only minimal effect on the kyuubi's. That was the reason behind her using various other strengthening materials, along with her decision to begin with a new fuinjutsu marking.

The new seal she created taking up a large portion of the month, in fact, she was almost out of time in making it. Having referred to almost every book and scroll she could find on the subject, which, to her dismay, was not that large an amount, she was finally able to come up with a half-decent prototype.

The idea of the seal being that it would create a barrier of sorts around the body of the kyuubi. This barrier being shaped to fit around the puppet, leaving only an inch or two gap between them. This barrier would allow the kyuubi's chakra to run through it, and this would create the corrosive protection much like the real kyuubi had.

When the puppet was finally finished, she collapsed. Green eyes rolling into the back of her head as her weak body crumpled to the floor. The long days and lack of nourishment taking its toll on her body the moment the adrenaline and artificial supplements were out of the picture.

She ended up sleeping on the floor for the rest of the day and the night that followed. Waking up at midday the following day. Stretching out her aching joints as she ignored the pounding headache from sleeping awkwardly, she turned to look at the cause for her exhaustion.

The puppet that hung in her room being by far her best. The almost twisted look to the beast's face imitating and reflecting the demonic being that the villagers feared.

This evil face also being exactly what she desired. It was of little consequence to most what facial expressions their puppet reflected, but she wanted something truly cruel. The fear that she wanted to evoke in her enemies being clear in her mind. After all, with a truly terrifying, powerful puppet meant the battle was half-won before it had even begun. The less fighting she had to do meaning the higher her chances of survival. Something that most shinobi wanted.

Stepping towards the model to get a better look at it, she ran her finger along with it, connecting various strings as she went in order to activate hidden features, like the retracting claws. Her signature seal being placed at the back of the creature's mouth as she carved the absorption seals into its sharpened canines.

As she finished applying final touches to the model, she remained unaware of her approaching teammates. Of course, the boys were quite used to her... abnormal hobbies. They were also aware of her unique puppets. But they were by no means ready to walk in on the huge fox. The frozen glare the puppet gave them causing them to shudder. They would have to be quick.

Spotting Sakura on top of the puppet, Kiba called out to her, "Sakura! Come on! We haven't hung out in ages! We're going to hang out in Ichiraku's, Naruto wants to show us his new sensei, something about him being a pervy-sage..." Kiba trailed off as Sakura turned to look at him.

"Have you been taking care of yourself Sakura? You look awful... no offence." Kiba said, his last comment quick off his tongue as he noticed the sharp glare making its way onto his female teammate's face. Akamaru whining softly as he noticed his master's sudden nervousness.

"I'm fine, Kiba. In fact, getting out seems great, give me two seconds." Kiba nodded his head, stepping out the way as she clambered off the beast. Flying through familiar handsigns, she sealed the massive puppet in with the rest of her collection before turning back to her friend.

"Lead the way then."