Chapter 5 - Old Friends

Skye's P.O.V

I walked into class with a smile on my face. It was the first day of my second year at U.A. and I could barely contain my excitement. While sitting in homeroom Aizawa told us a new student would be joining our class this year.

"Oh, Skye," Aizawa said, "Your costume finally came in."

I beamed with excitement as he led us to the area we'd be practicing rescue

I beamed with excitement as he led us to the area we'd be practicing rescue. Just as we got there he turned to the class with a bored expression.

"Oh yeah... we have a new student that will be joining class once they're done meeting with principal Nezu"

It came to be my turn to rescue. I had to rescue Eijiro and Mina from Tenya and Mezo. I rushed at Mezo and dodged his punches. Using All Might's quirk to leap into the air. I threw my cloak as a distraction before landing behind him and freezing him in place. Minoru began to cheer and make pervy at my dress. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to the fight. Tenya rushed at me and nearly caught me but I managed to dodge.

"You're getting pretty good" I smirked "Your brother would be proud"

"Thanks" he smiled and rushed at me again

My smirk grew as he fell right into my trick. I used Hitoshi's brainwashing quirk to force him to stop.

"Now release Mina and Eijiro" I ordered

He did as he was told and I was announced as the winner.

"When did you get Hitoshi's quirk?" Mina asked

"Oh, I talk to a lot of people in the school. I have his quirk, Mei's, all the students' and the teachers' from class 1-B, all the students' and teachers' from 1-A, the principal, various other heroes, some pros' quirks, and even some villains'." I explained

Her eyes went wide

"That's soooo cool!" she cheered

Out of nowhere, I was tackled by someone

"SKYE!!" the girl cheered

"Nova?!" I yelled in shock

"I'm in your class now! Isn't that fun!" she chirped bit then her face changed to a pout "You haven't been coming to work"

(A/N: yes, she works. A few jobs actually)

"I got a big promotion in my other two jobs plus I intern at four different agencies." I sighed "You were there went I was explaining this to Aki."

(A/N: Aki is her boss at the job she has with and The Lounge is the name of the last place she works at)

"Are you working a shift today?" she asked with puppy eyes

I giggled at her and patted her head "Yeah, I work the evening shift with you after I get back from the training hall. Then I work at The Lounge during the late-night shift." I said "You know you can ask me or Aki for my work schedule anytime right? I work at the cafe whenever I'm not interning, the training hall every day, and the Lounge on Fridays and weekends. I have my interning with Endeavor Mondays, Hakamata Tuesdays, Gunhead Wednesdays, and Fourth Kind Thursdays."

"Sounds tiring." she signed

"I got bills to pay and a family to feed" I shrugged "I don't want Shoto or Katsuki to work unless it's as a hero. I've been working my whole life because I like to work and I refuse to force them to stray from their goals."

"But isn't your family like the riches in Japan though?" she asked

"I don't need that bastard's charity." I hissed "I'll only use it in emergencies and for the kids' college savings. Maybe one day I'll get over it but as of right now, I refuse to use it. I mean I already saved up over 10 million yen."

(A/N: about 100k USD. Also, her class wasn't paying attention so they didn't hear the conversation. Shoto and Katsuki both know she works and interns a lot but don't know where or with who ← even though she interns with people they do, she interns at different times so they're clueless)

The class was boring and I spent most of it just gossiping with Nova and catching up. Aizawa got annoyed with us but didn't bother to say anything because he knew me enough to realize I wasn't going to listen to him if he told us to stop.

(A/N: I'm cutting this chapter a little bit short and picking us at her job in the next chapter)