Lonely Nights

"C'mon, firecracker, time to go." Bakugou's voice echoed throughout the apartment, foot-tapping by the front door, a purple and pink bag slung over his shoulder covered in old stickers that threatened to peel off the plastic pocket in the front.

Hatsuki skipped down the hallway humming a song only she could hear. He realized he'd made a mistake letting her pick out her own clothes when his eye twitched at the mismatched dress and stockings but he didn't have time to make her change. "Daddy-"

"Tell me whatever it is on the way, gotta drop you off before I head in to work." Bakugou held out his hand expectantly until Hatsuki hopped towards him and took it, his palm dwarfing hers as they headed out the door.

Her legs kicked idly on the train with Bakugou right beside her, his ears listening out for their stop. The summer sun warmed the roof of the train in the early morning haze. She'd start school soon, but until then he'd take whoever offered to babysit during his patrol shifts (except Kaminari, who was banned for the chocolate incident that did not bear mentioning).

To keep Hatsuki from getting swept up in the sea of train-goers, Bakugou picked her up easily and matched the tempo and rhythm of everyone else, stepping off the platform and carrying her up the stairs. Her short legs would slow them down even more and they still had a few blocks to walk.

"What do you say when they ask for something?"

"Mm...'please' and 'thank you'," he said, swinging her father's hand back and forth while they walked around a street corner.

"Good. And when uncle Kirishima offers you candy, what do you say?"

Hatsuki pouted and dragged behind just a bit knowing what Bakugou expected her to say. "Well?"

"No...no, but just-"

"No. Only after dinner, and only one piece. No arguing." He was stern but wasn't a complete monster when it came to sweets. She whined, her hair the same color as her father's bouncing with her steps.

"Are we here? Daddy?"

They rounded another corner and walked down a path with flowers on either side until they came to a brick building with 8000 across the top, stopping at apartment 8350 and knocking.

"I want no complaints from Kirishima and (y/n) when I get back tonight." Bakugou slung the pink and purple backpack from his shoulder as the door handle turned and swung open.

Almost immediately Hatsuki bolted from Bakugou's hand and ran into a pair of sturdy legs with as much force as a four-year-old could muster. Kirishima didn't budge an inch. "Woah, there, kiddo! You've gotten so strong, I'll definitely get a bruise from that one." She giggled as Kirishima picked her up with ease, giving her that shark-toothed smile of his before turning to Bakugou. "Hey, man."

He passed the backpack with some of her toys and essentials in it over to Kirishima's free hand. "I'll be back around six. Text me if there's any trouble."

"No trouble at all, you know that." You walked up behind Kirishima and ruffled Hatsuki's hair. "This one can always come visit."

Hatsuki's nose was as high in the air as she could make it while in Kirishima's arms. "I'm a good girl! Daddy said so."

He just rolled his eyes while Kirishima stifled a laugh at what an absolute pushover he became when it came to his kid. "Spoiled princess," he mumbled too low for her to hear. "You keep being good and I'll pick you up tonight. Love you, firecracker." The routine of goodbye kisses is familiar at this point, Bakugou kissing his daughter on the cheek and her patting his head like the grumpy cat he was.