Secrets

The annoying ring of a phone alarm echoed like a foghorn in Bakugou's ears. He snorted awake, vision blurry as he slowly opened his eyes through a squint at the morning light. Where was he? Who was-

Looking down, he saw a small bundle under one of his arms. Hatsuki had apparently crawled out of bed and found him...on the couch?

Black pants...a knee? Bakugou looked up from his oddly stiff pillow to see the underside of Kirishima's chin as he laid with his mouth agape and drooling against the back of Bakugou's couch. Cutting his eyes to the side, he also saw you still asleep on Kirishima's other knee, your fingers twitching as though caught up in a dream. His other hand had somehow wound up on top of yours as though he'd groped for it in his drunken sleep.

Immediately, his face flooded pink as the remnants of sleep left him with the realization of his positioning on the couch. Bakugou snatched up his phone, shut off the alarm before anyone else woke up, and eased himself into a sitting position with his daughter still nestled in his arm. Only then did the dreaded hangover headache hit him with full force. "Shit..."

He saw you stir against Kirishima's far thigh when he, as silently as he could, stood up from the couch and carried Hatsuki down the hall and back to her bedroom. Did a nightmare wake her up? Her quirk? She wasn't wearing the oven mitts, but walking into her room, he failed to see any new damage.

After he tucked her in and brushed a strand of hair the color of his own out of her face, Bakugou eased out of the room and closed the door. He rubbed his temples and closed his tired eyes as he remembered everything that happened the previous night.

You and Kirishima joking and laughing. Bakugou drinking and ruminating on recent events... shit, had he really admitted to wanting to date again? Had he really told them they were both cute?

He banged his head against the doorframe but regretted it almost immediately as his head throbbed. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Bakugou unlocked it and gaped at his surprise new background.

Someone - probably a certain devious four-year-old girl - had snapped a picture of all three of them sleeping and had made it his home screen background. He didn't let her use his phone, but she was too smart for her own good and had probably figured it out while his back was turned. "Sneaky little..." But he couldn't be too mad because no amount of lying to himself could overshadow the fact that all three of you in a sleeping cuddle pile put a small smile on his face.

His hand lay over yours and Kirishima's arm had snaked across Bakugou's shoulders. It was the first time in years he'd slept next to someone else...but he thinned his lips to a rigid line, changed the background to what it was before (a picture of Hatsuki), and put his phone back into his pocket before any further thoughts threatened to snake their way into his mind.

Bakugou did not delete the picture she'd snapped, however.

Kirishima was urged awake by the smell of cooking food. He blinked rapidly to adjust his eyes to the unfamiliar light above him. "Huh...?" This wasn't his apartment, so... wait.

He glanced down to see you sleeping peacefully against his thigh with his arm draped lazily across your middle. Looking around, he mentally registered the furniture and layout as familiar. He was still in his Hero costume, too. This was Bakugou's apartment, right?

As if called like the ring of a dinner bell, a towering shadow suddenly blocked the light in front of him before it leaned in close. Red eyes met red eyes.

"Get the fuck up before I bang a pan against your hard head. I'm making breakfast. And don't make noise; Hatsuki is still sleeping, but I'll get her up soon," Bakugou whispered through gritted teeth.