𝟹. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚎

jaehyun felt his feet slap off of the ground beneath him as he ran as fast as he could

jaehyun felt his feet slap off of the ground beneath him as he ran as fast as he could. he looked in front of him and saw the barrier not too far away but just far enough for the giants to catch up to him. he had only taken one jewel when they had billions, all he needed was one.

"stop!" he heard a gentle voice from above him shout, the ground's shaking coming to an end as the giants immediately froze just in time for jaehyun to cross into the woods.

"don't run, i'm not going to hurt you." the voice repeated again.

jaehyun hid behind a large tree, looking out into the pond that the voice had come from. a boy stood with large, beautiful wings extending from his back, not much older than jaehyun.

"come out, i promise i won't hurt you. i've just never seen what a human looks like." the boy encouraged, landing on a rock in between the woods and the pond.

jaehyun hesitated before emerging from the woods, walking just close enough for the fairy to see him and satisfy his curiosity of the young human boy, maybe even letting him keep the expensive jewel.

"what do they call you?" the boy questioned, tilting his head in curiosity of the peculiar human that stood in front of him.

"my name is jaehyun. what's your?" he answered, relaxing as he saw the boy with wings wasn't much different from him, he just had a pair of wings. but he didn't look scary or ugly or was a giant. he was petite, feminine, warm, and not very intimidating at all.

"taeyong and i'm the one in charge around here. and you need to give the jewel back, stealing is bad." taeyong demanded, extending his hand out for the jewel that jaehyun had stolen.

"why? you have plenty, can't i have just one?" jaehyun asked, offering a smile in hopes of keeping the expensive jewel.

"it's not mine to give, it's the river's. and it gets upset when anyone steals from it, even me. i'm the protector of the woods, i own nothing. please give it back." taeyong explained, extending his hand once again.

this time, jaehyun obeyed, placing the small emerald jewel within taeyong's palm. taeyong was much more beautiful up close, a small button nose, soft pink lips, bright purple hair, and sweet dark brown eyes.

taeyong looked at the jewel for a second, before throwing it back into the river, fluttering in front of jaehyun.

"if i knew you were going to throw it away, i would've kept it." jaehyun added with a huff.

"i didn't throw it away, i delivered it back home, as i will with you. by the way, the barrier isn't magical, the giants can follow you all the way to the mortal side, and if you steal again, they will." taeyong smiled, walking towards the barrier.

"you know, one day, i'll live in that huge castle." jaehyun declared, pointing to the castle in the distance.

"where do you live now?" taeyong questioned, full of curiosity from this weird human boy.