𝟺. 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍

warning: recreational underaged drug use and strong language! ✨

lee taeyong was never particularly fond of neotechnology high school's basketball team. he hated the majority of the team members and he didn't understand the game at all. there was only one factor that associated with taeyong's appearance at every single basketball game since freshman year and that was jung jaehyun.

dreamy, charismatic, popular, and talented jung jaehyun whose wink could take out just about the whole female population at neotech. and jaehyun wasn't the unsuspecting popular guy who didn't know he was attractive. he was quite the opposite actually, consistently using his charm to get his way.

now that particularly irked taeyong. he didn't exactly mean to be absolutely and embarrassingly in love with jung jaehyun. it was more like completely against his will in his opinion.

it all started for taeyong in their first grade year. he wasn't a fan of playing with any of the other kids so the majority of his recess time was spent reading a book beneath a tree or looking for pretty flowers in their school's play area, at least the part that wasn't a jungle gym.

taeyong enjoyed the sweet summer breeze of august during this time, until one day a misdirected basketball came colliding with his right cheek. his hand came flying to his cheek, clutching it, trying to ease the sting.

"are you okay? i'm so sorry! let me walk to you the nurse's office! i promise i didn't mean to, i meant to pass it to my friend but he didn't get it fast enough. come on, let's go." the sweet voice said, crouching down next to him.

taeyong looked up to see the kid who had just chucked a basketball into his face to see the prettiest dark honey eyes he had ever seen. suddenly all the pain faded away as he stared at the guilty boy.

he softly nodded his head as he was reminded of the purple bruise that was in the works on his cheek. taeyong got up, slightly disoriented with the help of the boy with floppy brown hair and warm eyes that held his hand tightly, guiding him to the nurse's office.

"i'm jaehyun, what's your name?" the boy broke the silence.

"taeyong." he whispered softly.

"well taeyong, i'm really sorry again." jaehyun apologized, feeling very guilty to hitting him.

"it's okay jaehyun, you didn't mean to. accidents happen." taeyong smiled softly.

jaehyun smiled back, leading him into the office and explaining to the nurse what happened. she determined that most likely had a concussion and called taeyong's mom to come pick him up. when the nurse had told taeyong that he had a concussion he got a little scared but jaehyun held his hand tight and told him that it would be okay. taeyong wasn't sure if the butterflies in his stomach were from
the concussion or from a cute boy holding his hand.