Disclaimer

~ We all live under the same sky, but we don't have the same Horizon! ~

We find a sadistic pleasure in categorising things, and humans, on the basis of various criterias. Pain, is one of those criterias, on the basis of which, we can categorise humans into two groups.

One, who are so devastated by ache that it paralyse them, snatches away their laughter and fill each of their cracks with sorrow.

The other, who get so used to pain that they forget they are themselves hurting. They laugh and they smile, in a constant state of numbness, and the world calls them indifferent.

Dhara Malik is the former kind, and Vyom Bakshi, the latter. And this is their story!

>> Major Vyom Bakshi

Discipline and Melancholy, had to be the words that define Vyom Bakshi. Twelve long years of army life had hardened him enough, but that one jingling anklet always lying in his pocket keeps him sane enough to remind himself of the emotions he had never stopped feeling but learnt to live without letting them overpower him.

But what the world doesn't know is behind this 'Indifference' that Vyom wears proudly, is a constant state of numbness years of hurt has pushed him to. His pain has become a part of him, a boon to his existence rather than being the bane, because that very pain is the reason he is pushing himself through every day, living the life he has been blessed with.

For that pain is his Dhara's gift to him. And as long as it hurts, he knows Dhara is with him - even if not in her mortal form, but she exists, somewhere deep inside him.

>> Dhara Malik

Tears and Loneliness, are the only two friends Dhara had ever had. Everyone else was a part of her life only to leave her just in middle of the storm. Growing up in a conservative family, she never had a say of her own, to be honest, but being forced into a marriage at the tender age of eighteen had wilted every dream she had ever nurtured, and that included her fairy tale with Vyom. Now all she has of him, is one of the pair of anklets he had gifted her for her sixteenth birthday, because he had left the city after that.

Dhara had lost everything one can loose in this lifetime already, and all that is left are her shallow breaths, a dull face and a duller appearance. She has allowed the grief to consume her whole, and she doesn't care if the world sees her as a black spot anymore.

Twelve years of an unwanted separation later, destiny is playing a game.

Dhara and Vyom are going to face each other again!

They say the place where the earth (Dhara) meets the sky (Vyom), that's the most beautiful place on earth - The Horizon. But when that meeting point in itself is an illusion, how do you think it feels to be called beautiful?

I think, all it feels is Agony - THE HORIZON'S AGONY!

Presenting to you, my new one shot :

I am in love with the cover, to be honest

Mahi has done such a great job ElysianCoral and left me speechless and thrilled with the cover.

And I am so excited to present this story, and I am hoping you all will share a bit of my excitement and let me know how you like it!

Story out this week!