Chapter 27

Yoohoo!

Big Summer Blowout!

This story is literally a kdrama...

Vote and Comment!

AKD

---- ---- ---- ----

It was the day of the party and Donghyuck was going through the checklist in her head, feeling stressed out. Mark has told him many times that nobody is going to care what the house looks like, but Donghyuck being Donghyuck and the perfectionist that Donghyuck was, couldn't just have an 'alright' house.

Donghyuck needed to make it perfect!

Donghyuck needed it to be beautiful and amazing and like Mark and Donghyuck were in love. Donghyuck needed to sell the lie, sell them, sell the fairytale that was "Markhyuck".

Donghyuck walked outside to the huge garden and started going through the checklist in her mind.

Porch Lights? On.

Fairy Lights? Hung up and are on.

Drinks? By the table at the back, already set up.

Cups? Plastic cups are by the drinks.

Snacks? On the table beside the drinks. There are more packets in the house if need be.

Ice? In the icebox in the middle of both the drink table and the snack table. There are more in another icebox inside the house.

Chairs? There are some already out and placed in the garden just in case people didn't want to stand and talk.

"Mark!" Donghyuck called out, biting the tip of his nail, a nervous habit.

"Yeah?" Mark said, walking out to Donghyuck in the garden.

"Are you sure we can't have a barbecue?" Donghyuck asked.

"Why would a housewarming party have a barbecue, Donghyuck?" Mark asked with a laugh.

"I'm just saying..." Donghyuck said, trailing off, looking at the set up in the garden.

"You're worrying too much," Mark said, putting his hands on Donghyuck's shoulders, "It looks great! They're going to love it."

"But what if they want barbecue?" Donghyuck asked.

"They're not going to," Mark said, laughing. "They have snacks and drinks and the pizza is on its way."

"Did you remember to lock your room?" Donghyuck asked, "And the garage?"

Mark nodded, "I still don't understand why, but yeah I did."

"If you want people having sex in your room that's fine by me!" Donghyuck scoffed, "I'm not going to clean that up."

Mark just laughed.

"It looks alright, right? There's nothing missing?" Donghyuck said, turning back around to face Mark, too worried about the party to notice how close they were standing.

Anyone looking in would honestly believe they were actually together from how tenderly and fondly Mark was looking at Donghyuck.

"Nothing at all," Mark said, eyes darting down to see Donghyuck biting on his bottom lip.

Before Mark could realize what he was doing, he brought his hand up to Donghyuck's chin and gave it a gentle tug, pulling his lip out from between his teeth.

They stood there, electricity flowing between them.

Donghyuck looked at Mark in disbelief, not knowing what to say or do. They'd been living together, playing house for three weeks now and never did something like this happens between them. Mark's hand was now on his cheek and his eyes were staring straight at Donghyuck's honey-colored ones.