||2|| Operation Yellow Turtles🐢💛

Martha's POV
I had the perfect plan. I just needed to get the perfect person to help me with it, and I had that person in mind. I picked up an envelope and wrote "To Peggy" then placed John's love letter in it.

Angelica's POV

After the bell rang, I walked over to Eliza so we could get to lunch. As always she was talking about her crush, Alexander (aka our best friend).Whenever she talks about how much she likes him my heart feels like gets getting stabbed a thousand times. On top of that problem, I think I also like this other guy. His name is Thomas Jefferson. I feel really guilty for liking both of them. I know I have to chose one but I just can't. Thomas and I are close friends. I trust him with my secrets and he trust me with his. We really understand each other. We kinda go through the same thing because we both come from wealthy families. No it's not "spoiled rich kid problems". You see, our parents are almost never around. They think that money can just make up for everything, but that isn't the case. People think I'm some spoiled rich girl who doesn't have a brain or a heart. Everyone thinks that Thomas is a rich jerk and honestly he acts like that a lot. Kids in our school think it's because he has lots of money but I know it's because his family isn't there for him. I just wish that he would let his true colors come out more often. I lov- I mean like his soft side. Yeah......like is the right word. AHhhhHhHhHH. I also like Alex though. His amazing violet eyes, his wittiness, his intelligence and everything about him.

"Uhh heLLo?? Angelica???" Eliza said as she clapped her hands.

"uh- ah um- sorry I just zoned out" I claimed still having thoughs of Alex and Thomas take over my mind.

" I need you and Peggy to help me pick out an outfit for my date tommorow."

"A date??? Who's the lucky guy??" I questioned

" Well if you were listening to me you would know who it is." She said jokingly.

" Just tell me who your going on a date with. After all, I am 4 minutes older." I commanded

" Ok, I'm going on a date with... Alex!"

" Al-ex?" I asked just to make sure I heard her correctly.

"Yep!!" she gushed.

I didn't have anything to say. I wished that she didn't like him. I wish that I could chose between Alex and Thomas. The only thing I manged to say to her in that very momemet was, "I kill him if he hurts you."

"Alexander's a great guy I'll be fine" she reassured

"And before he was your crush, he was mine." I mumbled.

"What did you say??" She asked

"u-um nothing" I cried as I ran to the bathroom to cry.

In the little itty bity stall, I cried about everything. I just wanted to be a normal 8th grader. I want to know who I like and not have to chose between two guys. I wanted people to see me as a person, not a bag full of money and lipstick. I just wanted a mom and a dad who cared. I wanted to be a good sister. I know a good sister wouldn't like the guy her sister likes. I wish I could for get about my feelings for him but I just can't. Whenever I'm done with my test I draw the first thing that comes to my mind. Everytime it's Alexander eyes. His shining violet eyes. Then my mind goes to Thomas dark curly hair, his sweet smile that I barely see, and his caring personality which he always hides from everyone.

After I cried for about 20 minutes I went up to Martha's room. My eyes were all puffy and I couldn't go into the lunchroom like that. Martha is the coolest teacher ever which makes sence.. she's Alex's mom. Last year there was this bully who would was a year older than us.He put snakes in Peggy's locker so Martha decided to prank him back. All of our friends and Martha made a plan to fill the kid's locker with snake poop. It worked like a charm. There was an essay that was worth 50% of his grade in the locker and it got ruined.

Martha, can I have lunch with you up here today?" I asked as I walked into her room.

"Oh, Hi Angelica I was looking for you." she reponsed "

"What happened" I asked as I sat down at a desk.

"This happened."She giggled holdig up a envelope adressed to Peggy.

"What's important about some plain envelope with Peggy's name on it?" I asked

"It's not just an envelop, it has a love letter inside." She squeaked

"Wait- what??"

Yep, and guess who it's from...

"Honsetly I have no clue. I know John has had a crush on her since about 2nd grade. He would be my guess but he would NEVER write that. He thinks Peggy doesn't like him back even though everyone else knows damn well that they like each other. So I really don't know" I said to Martha

Ok... I need you to read it! she said, giving me the letter.

I opened up the letter and read it..

9/7/19

Dear Peggy,

This letter will not presented to you unless I have decided it was the right time to do so. Since your reading this, that means I gave this to you in order to confess something. I love you. I know it might sound crazy but I know that I mean it. Did you know that if your crushing on someone for more then 4 months it becomes love. This might sound werid but I liked you since 1st grade. You lit up my world of darkness. Your personality in brighter then all the stars in the night sky. Your so funny that it would kill me if I didn't laugh at your jokes. Anyway what I'm trying to say is.. Will you be my girlfriend??

Forever Yours, John Laurens

So he did have a crush on her in 1st grade... Aw shit.... I owe Laf $30.

"How did you get this letter?" I asked

"John dropped it here 4th period." she replied

"oh.. so he was with you..." I exclaimed

"yeah.. also I already know what happened with Peggy." She said

"Yep, now John's convinced Peggy doesn't like him back.I know she does. She talks about him 24/7...We have to fix this..." I said

"And I know how. Your going to ask John and Peggy if they want to hang out with you,Laf,Herc, Eliza and Alex on Satuday night. Go to somewhere like uh- the mall. Then ditch John and Peggy". Martha exclaimed

"Ok..but what store should I ditch them at?"

"Either Build a Bear or Bath and Body Works."  she noted

Why Build a Bear? I questioned

"Just.. because why not."

"Good point.."

"Ok so we're all set! Satuday, at the mall around 3:30. I'll pick up and drop off everyone."

"Wait- I have a question"

"What's the question?"

"What about the letter?"

"Oh, I'll hold on to it. We'll decide when to use it."

"Ok.. Well I should get back down to lunch. I need to ask everyone if they can make it."

'Ok.Have a great day.. oh.. one more thing. "

"What?"

"Let's call this plan Operation Yellow Turtles" she said busrting out with excitement.

"Got it! Operation Yellow Turtle is a go."

1275 Words