Prologue

Remembering what happened the last time she saw Shinedown play was easy. . . beyond easy.

It was after the show had ended and she walked towards backstage, hoping she could talk her way to see them. When walking down a dimly lit hallway, she realized that most people had already left, all she could hear was her own heartbeat and the soft thud of her shoes. That's when she saw a silhouette in the distance. Stopping poised to run, thinking it was security, she watched as the figure stepped into the light, a mere couple feet away from where she stood. As the figure took the last step, stepping into the light before her, she saw the unmistakable long black hair and deep blue eyes of Brent Smith. She softly smiled at him. "Are you looking for me?" He asked his voice like velvet. She could barely believe it was him, moving to stand closer to him as he watched her every move. She had always had a huge crush on him and had always wondered what it would be like to kiss him. Lust showed in her eyes and he smirked seductively back at her. It seemed like an hour as they stood there, even though it was only moments. Holding her breath, she dared to touch her hand gently to his cheek, watching as he just stared at her, she stepped closer. Finally he smirked again and crooked his finger at her, beckoning her to him. That's when she then suddenly lifted her head barely touching her lips to his. He gently kissed her back in return before deciding to take control, walking her back into a column where she yelped excitedly as he intensified the kiss. While dueling with him she could taste whiskey on his tongue which only fueled her fire as his hands soon reached for her ass and lifted her up to where he held her against the concrete column, her legs instantly wrapping around his waist. They stayed there for a while just enjoying the taste of each other before he slowed things down, feeling his phone vibrate within his pocket. He slowly let her down, looking down at her, his breathing heavy. Taking off his chain necklace, he clasped it around her neck. "I have to go, but it's never goodbye." He spoke softly. "We will meet again."

"I hope so." She replied softly, speaking for the first time. Brent smiled and ran the back of his hand across her cheek, before he turned and walked away, leaving her to stand there with the charm of his necklace between her fingers, the warm chain resting on her chilled skin.