Chapter Five

Brent stood there, leaning against Jade's truck, barely able to see the blush that was on her cheeks when she breathlessly uttered for him to kiss her. Do I give in? He thought, Or do I leave her waiting?

"I get no please?" Brent asked, raising an eyebrow at her, a blatant smirk on his face.

He watched as Jade shook her head, a smirk appearing on her face. She gripped the back of his neck a bit tighter before she reached up and pressed her lips against his. She felt Brent's grip on her waist instantly tighten as he responded and melded his lips to her own. Brent felt his heart leap in his chest as their breath mingled together. He gently asked for permission to enter her mouth by running his tongue across her bottom lip, which she willingly gave him. She tasted of maple syrup and sugar and he felt as if he couldn't get enough.

~~~~~~~~~

Jade sighed into his mouth, as her eyes slipped closed, her hands now tightly gripping the collar of his shirt. She could taste the coffee that he had been drinking at the diner, which only made her crave him more as her tongue met with his. The heat between them elevated and she could feel his hands wander under the back of her shirt, his hands hot against her back. It was all too soon that they slowly pulled apart, each of them gasping for air, their foreheads resting upon each other.

Jade looked into his eyes and smiled. "Wow."

"Yeah, wow." Brent replied breathlessly before he slowly stole another lingering kiss before pressing his back to her truck once more.

She leaned her head against his chest and held tightly to him, afraid that he would disappear. "I know it's super late, but I wish you didn't have to go," She whispered, "Tonight has been amazing."

"Same here..." He murmured as he played with her long brown hair, twisting his fingers around soft locks. "Tonight has been fun. I enjoyed it a lot–"

"Brent!" Barry called out from a distance.

"Fuck..." Brent groaned and tossed his head back over the bed of Jade's truck.

"Brently Stephen Smith!" Zach shouted. "Where the hell are you?"

Jade looked up at Brent, moving her head to the left, her eyes squinted. "Brently?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

He nodded and returned her smile. "Yeah, it's my whole name."

"Brent!" It was Eric calling out next. "Do we need to call the cops?"

Jade shook her head and chuckled, "I better let you go before they call nine one one."

He nodded and quickly kissed her goodbye, wanting to taste her one last time. "I'll text you when I wake up."

"Please do." Jade replied as she let her arms go from around his neck and let them run down his chest before she hopped in her truck and started the engine. She watched as Brent walked away from her truck until she couldn't see him any longer, then she pulled out of her parking spot and left, heading towards home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach let out a sigh of relief when he spotted Brent walking towards them. "Dude!" he hollered, "The fuck!" Zach questioned as he slapped Brent's arm once he was in striking distance.

"What the hell, man!" Eric asked as he gripped Brent's sleeve, coming to stand beside him.

"I went for a walk, I'm sorry." Brent answered with a shrug before he headed for the buses, the guys following behind him.

Barry looked up from his spot when he heard incoming footsteps, leaning against their bus,"The boss man himself! He finally decided to show up." Barry exclaimed with a grin.