Chapter Twenty Nine

AN: Hello my readers. I am sorry that this chapter has taken as long as it has. But my slump has apparently left me and I have been able to write well for the past couple of days. I have made you guys wait long enough, enjoy the chapter, vote and comment! I want to hear from you guys. 

~~~~

Jade paced the length of her kitchen while her friend Molly watched her, sitting on the barstool. "If you keep pacing, you're going to make me dizzy," she chastised, making Jade stop to look at her with narrowed eyes. "What?" she questioned. "Have you been to a doctor to confirm? That would be the first step I would take. There have been false positives before."

"No, I haven't. You're the first person I called." Jade stopped and put her head in her hands. "Brent is not going to be happy," she groaned.

"Now, how on earth do you know that?" Molly asked. "He could be elated about it. You have no clue how he's going to respond to this news."

"Regardless, I need to call my doctor. I have an IUD, but apparently I haven't been keeping track of the years like I thought."

Molly nodded. "The sooner the better. Because if you plan on keeping this baby, that needs removed."

Jade sighed and pulled her cell from her shorts pocket. "I know." She quickly dialed her doctor and made the appointment. "They actually got me in later today. That's a little bit of a relief."

"Do you want me to go with you?" Molly asked. "I don't mind being your support. You know that."

"That would be alright... I'm just stressed out," Jade admitted.

Molly stood and walked over to her before she gathered her friend in her arms. "I know you are. Just... tell me this. If you are pregnant, will you be happy about it?" she asked softly.

Jade let out a large breath of air as she returned her friend's embrace. "If I really think about it... I would love to carry and have Brent's baby. I love him."

"Then that is what matters," Molly stated. "I think Brent will be shocked, just as you were, but I think in the end, he will also be happy."

"I hope you're right."

~~~~~~~~

Jade sighed as she sat in a room at her clinic, staring at the floor. She'd just provided them a urine sample and was sitting with Molly, waiting for the doctor to walk in. "Don't stress too much Jade, I'm here for you, no matter the result," Molly said.

"I know, and I thank you for it," Jade replied. Her foot tapped persistently on the tile floor out of nerves. "I hate waiting."

"I think everyone does."

A knock on the door alerted Jade and Molly before the doctor walked in and smiled at them both. "Afternoon. I am sure we have kept you waiting long enough," the young woman said as she sat in a chair opposite them. "Your sample came back positive for us as well, congratulations."

Jade couldn't help the tiny smile that showed on her face as she felt the stinking of tears in her eyes. "Th-thank you. It's actually a little unexpected."

"Well, in any case, you are surely pregnant," the doctor replied. "I don't want to assume... is this your?"

"Oh, no," Molly said, "I'm her friend, here for moral support."

Jade chuckled nervously. "My boyfriend is the father."

"Were you trying?" the doctor asked.

She shook her head. "No, we were not. I actually have an IUD implant and I thought it was still good for a couple more years."