<2>(Pansmione) Piece Me Back Together

Muggle AU
(This particular oneshot jumps P.O.V.s without saying anything. I apologise for letting the pre-determined labeling slip my mind, but I'm tired as shit and sick bear with me here.)

(Also, this is boring as all shit, and Wattpad deleted half the story. Twice. 😒)

Once upon a time, Hermione Granger was the teachers pet. Did everything she was told, "smart beyond her years," so on and so forth. Hermione Granger was, in no way, dumb. Hermione Granger was intelligent, not wise, but intelligent. Hermione had an analytical mind. Didn't mean she gave two fucks about school anymore. Hermione Granger, once a teachers pet, now the strongest girl in the school. Witty, bitchy, and strong. A "bad chick," as some would call it. Hermione was done with it all. For years upon years she was the hardest-working, the most "loved by teachers," in a sense. But did it really matter? No. All Hermione wanted was a grandmother who didn't scream in her face whenever she got home, the feeling of choking on the bottled up feelings she held inside. Hermione Granger, "little miss perfect," only because her family wasn't. Hermione's mother- a total mess. An addict, smoked, stole, drank, everything. Who paid for it? Why, none other than Hermione Granger. Hermione's grandmother was so infuriated with her mother and just didn't want her dear Hermione to end up the same way, so Hermione was pressured, cracked, and then pressured some more. Hermione felt like a caged lion, backed in a corner, as helplessly she cried out from the memory of the absolute force that broke her back on a daily. But, Hermione struggled on. Hermione dragged her feet through the dust and sand, bearing the burden of the amounts of school work she had to do. Hermione, sadly, was chained to the burden of having to live up to the expectations placed out for her... The expectations that her mother broke under, and in doing so, passed the burden down twicefold to her daughter. And Hermione despised her for that. She hoped her mother went to the deepest pit in hell, choking as the sins, the deeds, clawed their way through her throat, burning, hair being torn out, gasoline replacing the blood pumping through those oh so fragile veins, a single match being dropped onto a cut... Burning, from the inside out.

Its surprising, really. The best and brightest of minds can really be twisted and turned with a simple push. The best and brightest, always work the longest and hardest... With nothing in return.

Hitler, for example. Evil, yes, but brilliant nonetheless. His mind twisted with deceit and a mental disorder that chewed him up from the inside out.

Hermione Granger, so pressured, that all she had to do was have one black-haired woman to enter her life to change it all.

This black-haired woman was Pansy Parkinson.

Pansy... Well, to Hermione, Pansy was brilliant... Why? Pansy could stand up to authority. Live life however the fuck she wanted to without taking shit from anyone. Which is why Hermione loved her.

Hermione loved Pansy because Pansy was the representation of everything Hermione wanted to be. Strong, courageous, someone you could look at, and say, "Well, she doesnt news to live up to any standard," Why? Because Pansy Parkinson made her own standards, didn't give a fuck about anyone else's, standards, and if you got close to her, would be the most loyal, protective, badass bitch of all time. Hermione got lucky.

Eigth grade. Hermione's grandmother? Dead. November 9th. Eliza Granger had finally hit the grave. And what scared Hermione the most was that she was happy. Happy that, finally, her grandmother was gone. Hermione instantly thought something was wrong with herself, but thanks to years of having to pretend emotions to hide what her grandmother did to her, Hermione out on the best play of all time. Hermione sobbed tears, pulled pity strings from anyone who would give her the time of day. Let me tell you, when the best and brightest cry out, you stop to listen, thinking, 'what could they need? They have brains for days... They're so smart... They should be thankful for what they have.'