Ch. 5

People are like oceans, it's impossible to know everything about them from their surface. You have to dig deeper. But sometimes, doing that is the scariest part. So waking up in Issac's bed, also meant waking up in his arms. I felt entrapped, yet never safer. A weird feeling considering the last twenty four hours of my life barely seem real at this point. Every sane bone in my body is telling me to get the hell up, and run as far as I can without looking back. Yet, for some damn reason, I haven't. 

"You talk in your sleep." He said, his thumbs making little circles across the small of my back. 

"I do?" I ask. 

"Who's Jason?" 

"Uh- I- I-" I stutter. 

I had a nightmare last night. About Jason. Somebody who stole a lot from me. My safety, my sense of self, and all the worth I had at the moment. It's been a little over a year since everything, and sometimes, it plays in my head like it was yesterday. 

"You don't have to tell me." Issac's voice rang through the walls, even though I couldn't see his face because my own was mushed against his chest. "But whoever it is, he'll never put his hands on you again. I'll kill him." 

The nightmare is always the same. Every time. He was a partner at my parents firm, and one of my Dad's bestfriends. He had everything anyone could ever want. Money, cars, girls. There was one thing he didn't have though, something in his fucked up mind that he thought he was entitled too. And that was, me. 

"He uh- he tried to rape me. He was my Dad's friend, been around for years. And last year he tried to- forced me to-" I couldn't go on. My body wouldn't let me. 

"No, no, no. Stop. Don't. He will never touch you again- got it?" 

I nodded. 

Even though, there's a chance in the world that he might. Considering, he didn't go to jail. It was the scandal of the century but his parents basically run the court systems in that town. So it barely made it past trial. 

It's the reason I'm not going home this summer. I can't be there anymore without it all rushing back to me. I was going to take classes to occupy my mind, but my parents thought it would be too much for me. And maybe they're right. 

"Thanks," I whispered into his skin. 

"Come on, I'll make you some food." 

And before I knew it, I was padding behind him into the big kitchen. I found my phone in the living room with a thousand missed calls from Anna. She had went into full freak out mode, calmed down, and back into it again all in the span of minutes. 

I'm alright I swear, at Issac's. It's a long story. I love you, see you later babes. 

After hitting send and throwing my phone back into the couch, I turned to see Issac standing at the stove. A sight to make me drool enough for the both of us. His broad shoulders etched into his back, and seemed to go on for miles. Even though he towered over me, I wasn't frightened by him, at all. Which seemed unreal to me. 

Since the incident last year. All boys scare me to an extent. 

He isn't like that. Especially after last night. There's a sense of safety. Only thing I'm afraid of, is that if I let myself into whatever his world is. I'm gonna fall for him. And I don't know if I can do that. 

"So," I trailed, "you gonna tell me about yesterday? Should I be scared?" 

"You should be. But I would die before I let anything happened to you. It was a warning shot, these dudes I used to hang around with, are angry because I pulled out of a fight." 

There he goes, making promises he shouldn't keep. 

"A fight?" I spoke. 

"Little one, you ever heard of street fighting? It used to be my life, before I walked away from it." 

"That's how you have all these nice things? From winning the fights?" 

"You're curious aren't you." He said, leaning against the counter. 

I only nodded, as I took in the details. The way his dark beard connected to his shaven hair. Or how he made the rugged thing, look effortless. He oozed bad boy, and I shouldn't be standing here barely being able to compose myself. 

But I am. 

"All you got to know. Is that life, isn't me anymore because people get hurt and I got tired of it. And last night, won't happen again." 

"When you got to the restaurant you looked like you had gotten in a fight?" I questioned.

"That's because I was in one. Not a street fight, but some of those dudes jumped me. The ones who were shooting at me."

"They really want you to fight again?" I asked, finding myself getting closer and closer to him until there was only a few feet between us. I kept my back perched against the kitchen island.

"Yeah." He rolled his eyes. "And they aren't gonna stop until I retaliate. That's not something I want you worrying about."

"How can I not worry?"

And in that second, he closed the gap between us. In one motion he swept me up, sitting me on the counter. That moment made me feel weightless. And his strong hands, gripped my hips. I almost melted into a puddle right then. 

"Don't." He whispered. "I've been wanting to do this since the second I laid my eyes on you." 

I gave him a look, before I knew what he meant. And that's when I felt it. His lips on mine. It's nothing short of innocent, but rather fiery and passionate. The second it happened, the world fell into the dust, and all I felt was him. 

My arms went around his neck, and I pulled him into me. "Issac." The word came out in a breathy moan, each syllable prolonged as if to savor it. Warmth flows through the spot his lips land on my neck. 

"Little one." His voice echoed, barely bringing me back to reality. "Fuck." 

Leah, breathe. 

I had to mentally coach myself to stop from falling apart. 

"Hmm," the sound left my lips, before he captured mine into his again. 

This time, he wasted no time darting his tongue into mine. Dancing together. And even though it's been a long time before I've been like this with anyone. It felt familiar, as though in another life we already belonged to each other. 

"Remember when I said I wanted to do nasty things to you?" He questioned. "Well if you don't stop moaning I'm gonna throw you over my shoulder and start doing them to you. Something tells me you're not ready for that." 

He's a hundred percent right. 

"The only time I had sex, was when I was 18. And then what happened a year ago. I'm not- I don't have-" 

"Stop. I don't want you to do anything you're not ready for. Just sit there and look cute, cause it looks like I gotta remake the eggs." He chuckled. 

"You get on my nerves." I sighed. 

"Back at ya little one."