Ch. 7

Compared to my own, his life moved fast, and so did our night together. A fancy restaurant with twinkly lights and red flowers. Indulgent food that made my senses tingle, to the speeding car as he drifted in and out of traffic. The motions were all seamless. 

"What'd you think?" He asked, pulling into a parking spot. "Too much?" 

"Just enough," I bit my lip, peering over at him. "Where are we now?" 

"My favorite place in the city." He said. 

"Is this where you take me to kill me?" I joke. 

"Leah, if I was gonna kill you I would have." He rolls his eyes. 

Those beautiful eyes. 

I haven't been able to keep myself concentrated all night because of them. Even when he says my name, everything melts. I gotta get a grip on myself, my head is starting to become a cheesy romance novel. Although, when I come to reality there is still the daunting issue. Our lives are a hundred percent different. 

"Issac," I hum as he takes my hand in his, stepping into the cool night air. 

That's when I realize where we are. It's a lookout onto the city. In the distance you can see faint outlines of buildings and above a sky full of bright stars that are untainted by the city and street lights. 

"Woah, this view is amazing." I speak, gripping against the railing of the drop. 

"Yeah, it's pretty great." He isn't looking out onto the city, but rather straight at me. 

"Why me?" I ask. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You could have anyone. The waitress at dinner was flirting with you, the girl who stopped us outside saying she recognized you from your fights. Why would you want me-?" 

He just shakes his head, "from the moment I saw you. I wanted you. That day you wandered into Helping Hands, and you looked at me with those huge doe eyes. It did something to me. I spent days trying to figure out who you were and when I found out you applied. I made my aunt let me work with you."

"But you were so grumpy to me." I frown.

"I wanted to stay away from you, but that lasted all of two seconds. I don't want to ruin your life. But at the same time, you're all I think about."

"You said that the other night, what does that even mean?"

"I'm a bad guy little one. Beyond the fighting, I used to rob people blind, run around with gang bangers because I thought it would make me something. I'm afraid that I'll make your life bad." He explains.

Turning around, my back against the railing. My hands find his neck, fingers tracing the edge of his beard.  "My life had bad stuff in it before I met you.I'm buried in it sometimes. I feel safe with you. And that's something I've struggled with for a long time. After what happened with that Jason guy, my sense of peace got disrupted. I constantly feel like he's gonna pop up and try to finish what he started. But with you. I know I'll be alright. I used to wake up in tears because of the nightmares, but with you, I don't. And yeah, maybe you might be bad for me. But right now, you're not." 

As he leans down, my lips catch his. 

I was slow in my response to his kiss. His massive hands, swept me closer to him. And although he towered over me, his body encompassed my own. The night grew slower and darker, in the back of my mind I worried that someone would suddenly pull into the empty lookout. Yet it gave me more fuel to exhilarate my passion.