one.

"Watch it, fish boy!"

    Minghao watched as a boy was pushed to the ground. His flowers wilted at such a sight, a want to help the poor boy increasing at every jolt and tease. The boy did nothing but take the hits. He laid there on the freshly turned earth whilst a group of most likely upperclassmen kicked at his face and body. Minghao couldn't bear to watch any longer.

     "Hey! Get your hands off him!" He shouted, running towards the fight.

      "Hello, princess," one kid said. He and the rest of his possy immediately stopped the attack, forgetting the injured boy on the ground and advancing to the shorter.

        "Don't call me that, bitch," Minghao snarled, nightshade sprouting on his shoulders.

         The man chuckled and took two steps back. "Ooo, feisty. Don't worry, princess, we're done with it. You shouldn't defend the freak anyway. It should die, don't you think?"

         The poison flowers faced him. Thorns began trailing down his barren arms, curling around the tips of his fingers. They grew from his scalp, rising above his hair like devil's horns.

        "He is not a freak. Leave before I have to kill you."

         He guffawed at this. This little child, kill him? But that was, of course, before he saw that the "little child" that was once there became something of his nightmares. Minghao watched as the man scream and run like the pathetic human he was. It took him a second to snap out of his monstrous daze to run to the boy still on the ground.

         "Oh my god, are you okay?"

         The boy groaned and sat up, revealing the pearlescent scales that adorned his face. Minghao gasped, stumbling back. The scale-covered boy opened his eyes, showing his icy blue pupils. He saw that Minghao had a shocked look on his face, and quickly turned away, shielding his face with his arms.

         "P-please don't hurt me! I'm sorry, please just go," the boy whimpered.

        "Wha-Oh-no! I didn't- I'm only shocked because you're like me! I'm Minghao," the shorter smiled warmly, green plants sprouting from his cheeks as if they were freckles.

        "Uh, Junhui. You can call me Jun, uh, your cheeks? Th-they're growing marjoram," The boy stuttered nervously.

         Minghao's smile grew larger. "You know the plant?"

      "Yeah, I live with them, but why-why are they growing on your face?"

      "Oh, of course. I'm made out of plants."

       "Huh." The boy thought for a minute. "Any chance that you are a faerie?"

       "No, silly" Minghao chuckled, " I'm just a lab experiment from a couple centuries ago."

       "Oh. Same."

A/N: i swear this wasn't supposed to be posted until my other book was finished but welp.