𝟎𝟎 | 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲

INTEGRITY

INTEGRITY

00 | blue eyes and the city in the sky

5 YEARS AGO

unedited

Her nights had become so strange recently. The peaceful black she used to be greeted with was now gone, replaced with a loop of scenes both a mixture of dreamland and nightmares. She never knew what she would see when she would drift to sleep.

    She was haunted with the mirrored image of her own eyes. So blue they glowed, so blue and so empty they scared her.

    "Is it like a premonition?" Penelope — her little sister — had asked one night, her golden hair a tangled mess and her wide brown eyes puffy. She had been the one to come when Andromeda's screams and shouts had echoed through the empty halls of their home. "Maybe you're going to meet an old man! Maybe you're going to marry him!" She cackled, only to receive a pillow to the face.

    "It's not just the old man," Andromeda said, with a loud sigh, after giving the young girl a not so amused stare. "I see millions of people, living their lives and going about their days normally! They all wear such unusual clothing and have such gorgeous faces! They live on floating islands and amongst the clouds! It's beautiful!" She says with the sort of excitement Penelope or anyone for that matter, rarely saw on her.

    In Penelope's eyes,  Andromeda was always serious. She was always listening to their parents and doing what they wanted her too. Penelope didn't like how much of a follower she was, she wanted her big sister to play with her sometimes and dance out in the fields with her when the sun is high and the flowers are blossoming. Like they used to.

    To Andromeda, she was just doing what she thought was right.  "It all seems too vivid, too real to just be a figment of my own imagination."

    And it was, the castle was huge, people came and went, but she never saw the royalty. At least she thinks she doesn't. Everything was a vivid fantasy built off her wildest most fantastic of dreams and nightmares.

    "It doesn't sound that much like a nightmare too me," Penelope told her, hugging the pillow Andromeda had tossed at her, to her chest. "More like a wonderful dream."

    "Sometimes it feels that way," she admits, shuffling to the side, to allow the her sister more room. "And sometimes it doesn't." Her expression transforms into something dark. It scares Penelope and her mind churns with even darker thoughts and ideas.