two

I wake up to a loud, beeping sound, groan and touch all around me, searching my phone. When I finally find it, I turn my alarm off and look at the time. 5 a.m. "Why the hell is my alarm ringing that early? Why do I even have an alarm?", I wonder, laying back down and going back to sleep, but then my eyes shot wide open and I sit up. I'm going to America! A massive grin appears on my face, but my smile soon turns into a frown as I realize that I'm on the couch and my mom is sleeping right next to me. We must have fallen asleep yesterday.
I shake her a little,"Mom", I say tiredly, before a yawn escapes my mouth. She doesn't budge, so I try it again, but I still get no response, so I just decide to let her sleep and go and get ready. I stand up, rub my eyes and go up the stairs into my bedroom. There I take some of the few clothes that are left in my closet and a towel and make my way into my bathroom. By putting my finger on the switch I turn the light on and walk to the sink where I take my toothbrush and brush my teeth. As soon as I'm done with that, I spit out the watery toothpaste mixture and wash my face, before I take my blonde curly hair and put it into a messy bun. Afterwards I take my clothes off and step into the shower, turning the tap on and setting the water so it would be lukewarm, since I don't like it too hot, but also not too cold. Once the water starts dripping, I take some body wash and rub it on my body, before washing it off, trying not to make my hair wet. Done with that, I turn the tap off and step out of the shower, take a towal and dry myself up. All dried up, I then take my clothes and put them on, starting with my underwear and then my blue high-waisted skinny jeans.
Left leg, right leg, up and jump. (A/N seriously am I the only one that puts her jeans on like that?)
Right after, I take my red, oversized Justin Bieber hoodie (A/N Don't judge me, I gotta let my inner JB fangirl out somewhere) and put it on as well. I walk back to the sink, where I open my bun, take my hair brush and start combing my hair, deciding to just let it open and to not put it in my iconic ponytail as I usually do. And considering the fact that I have a twelve hours long flight in front of me, I also decide to not wear any make up, otherwise I'd probably be uncomfortable.
When I then walk our of my bathroom, I'm met by my mom, who immeditaly pulls me into a tight hug.
"I will miss you so much Sweetie", she tells me, almost crying. I put my arms around her as well and hug her even tighter.
"I will miss you too mom, so much", I say, trying to hold back my tears. It's the truth. My mom is like m best friend, she always supports me in everything and just wants me to be happy and I want that for her as well.
We've always been really close and after my parents divorced and Polly -my sister- went off to college we got even closer, so that now, it's impossible for me to think of a live without her.
"You sure you can't just come with me? I could hide you in my luggage or something", I ask jokingly, but deep down I really wish I could take her with me.
She shakes her head, pulls away and chuckles,"No Sweetie, I don't think that's possible."

I take my phone, my wallet and my earphones out of my bedside table and make my way out of my room, going down the stairs. I put my black old skool vans on and walk out of the door , on my way to Moe's for a last meal. After walking out of the door, I put my earphones in my ears and shuffle my playlist whilst walking and admiring the busy city.

I enter the small diner for a last time, causing the bell to ring once again. Not even a minute after, I'm in Moe's warm and welcoming arms.
"Betty",he breaths out, a sad smile plastered on his face. I feel my eyes get watery and close them, trying to avoid my tears.
"Going by my real name this time huh?", I chuckle sadly, still hugging him. He eventually pulls away and nods his head with a smirk,"Your real name is Elizabeth, but I get the point."
I pout, crossing my arms over my chest,"You know I hate that name, and you also know why I hate it so much."
He looks at me with a sad look, obviously feeling sorry for me. Truth is, my father gave me that name, he used to always call me Elizabeth even though I told him multiple times that I go by Betty, but that didn't bother him because for some strange reason he never really liked me. I don't know why, but he never liked me and prefered Polly over me all the time. He went ice skating with her, went shopping with her and did everything she wanted, but me? Well, he didn't even carry me when I was a baby. I was always stuck at home with my mom, that's probably also the reason I'm so close with my mom and why I'm so thankful for Moe, he always acted like my dad and obviously knew about how my dad treated me.
"Stop feeling sorry for me, I have you and that's enough", I smile as he walks behind the counter and walk to sit on one of the bar stools.
"One last meal?", he asks me with watery eyes.
I smile and nod with closed eyes,"One last meal!", I state. He smirks and starts making my usual, what consists of one vanilla milkshake, fries and onion rings.
"I'll miss you so much Honey", he states as he gives me my order, a tear flowing down his cheek.
I bite my lower lip, crying now too,"I'll miss you too Moe, I love you."

"You ready Sweetie?", my mom asks with tears in her eyes as we're at the airport and I'm about to boarrd the plane. I take a deep breath and nod, also crying.
"I love you", I say, closing my eyes and pulling her into a tight hug. I feel her arms around me as she pulls me even closer to her,"I love you too", she replies.
We then just stand there in each other's embraces, enjoying our last few minutes together, both of our eyes closed. I evetually pull away, kiss her cheek and smile at her, before taking my suitcase and boarding the plane, trying not to look back since I just would go back to her and miss my plane.

I enter the plane and get greeted by a nice lady, her brown hair in a bun, her make up decent and her mouth in a huge smile, obviously fake.
"Hello welcome on board", she smiles. I smile, greet her as well and go to look for my seat. B38.
After about two minutes of searching I finally find it. It's located in the back of the plane, next to a window. I walk there and sit down, put my phone in airplane mode, take my earphones out and start listening to music, but soon after a boy around my age sits next to me.
He has dark hair, green eyes and he was kinds good looking, not really my type though.
He smiles at me,"Hey I'm Kevin." (A/N haa, y'all thought this was Jug? Well sorry, but I gotta disappoint you)
I put my earphones out and smile back at him,"Betty, nice to meet you Kev. I can call you Kev right?", I chuckle. He nods laughing. The rest of the flight we spend talking and getting to know each other. He's going to the same town as me, so that's great and to be honest I also sense a kinda connection between the both of us. He's also gay and decided to call me "Babe", but I don't really mind.

I wake up to Kev shaking me, trying to wake me up. Shit I must have fallen asleep. I hum and close my eyes again, but he then speaks up,"Babe you gotta wake up, we're landing soon."
And right after a loud voice starts talking,"Dear passengers, our plane will reach New York City any moment, please put your seatbelts on. We wish you all a great landing!"
I groan, rub my eyes, sit up normally again and put my seatbelt on. A few minutes after the plane lands. Kev and I put our seatbelts off, stand up and walk to the exit, waiting in a line to leave the plane. Once we get out, I put my phone out of airplane mode and we walk straight into the big building to get out suitcases. After we've done that, we go out and search for our bus.

A/N okay this was kinda just a filler chapter, but the next parts are going to be a lot better. BYEE ly