Villain Orgin Story

Keagan offered Ryker a hand, and he just stared, stuck. I leaned close to his ear, "take it." He listened to me then, placing his palm in Keagan's and letting him help him up. I took Keagan's other offered hand and used my available hand to support Ryker's back. Ryker heart was beating so fast I briefly entertained calling a cardiologist after this. We stood close, and I let my eyes take in this situation. Ryker kept his head down, staring at the ground pointedly, hiding away his pretty hazel eyes. Keagan took Ryker's chin in his hands, raising it toward himself, but still, Ryker looked off to the right. His face reflected the belief that if he made eye contact everything would go to shit.

"Look at me, doll." Ryker clenched his jaw and closed his eyes as if fighting every instinct in his body in order to disobey. "Now." Ryker eyes snapped directly to Keagan's, and Keagan smiled, pleased. Ryker shook like a leaf, and I got the feeling that he would sprint off into woods if he knew we wouldn't catch him.

"Comfort him. He needs you." Jake growled, low and admonishing.

Keagan released his soft grip on Ryker's jaw but left his hand there so Ryker's chin rested there my his own will. The picture of a restless but needy pup. I walked up behind them and pressed my front to Ryker's back, effectively making a Ryker sandwich. He leaned into me, and Keagan pressed further in. Ryker let out a breath that seemed to hold much of his anguish and finally stopped trembling.

"You were right, Callum. He is astonishingly beautiful." Ryker let out a little whimper and opened his mouth as if to speak but faltered. "What is it, beautiful?" Keagan prodded. "Come on, boy. What do you want to say?" I teased, and Ryker began to shake again. Maybe we were being a bit evil, but we were just trying to relax him enough to open up, surely.

"I—I—th—this is just so p-perfect." He muttered, eyes closed and looking completely content to remain snuggled in between us. He kept switching from blissed out to anxious, and I wondered what his blood pressure was. I can't say keeping him safely clutched to my chest and at my mercy didn't click something inside me as well. Keagan's long arms circled around both of us, and I simultaneously understood Ryker's feeling of being held just right.

"Mmh." Keagan hummed and let Ryker's head fall onto his chest. We stayed like that for a moment, peaceful and reassuring each other. It also gave everybody, especially Ryker, the chance to slow the heart and catch our breath. When Keagan finally said it was time to talk panic filled Ryker's eyes again and his breathing increased again.

"Let me comfort our mate!" Jake insisted, and I felt him tug on our link. Honestly, I didn't know how I was not going to fuck this up. So, I turned to Keagan and asked to speak with Ryker alone for a moment. He said of course and kissed both our hands graciously before heading over to our tree. I let out a relieved sigh when Jake pushed to the front; I needed to breathe. This situation was getting really complex.

Jake

Our sweet little mate was trembling again. He looked sick. Not on my watch!

"J-Jake?" Ryker stared at me through long, dark lashes.

"Yes, sweetie." He collapsed into my arms. I caught him immediately and held him tight to me. Wolves didn't hold grudges like others do, for them it wasn't always intentional, but they did it. We trusted in fate, and Ryker understood that I had already forgiven him before he ever even opened his mouth to utter those faithful words.

"Jake." He whimpered into my chest and began to rub his face against my pec.

"Shh. Just breathe, sweetheart. Don't let your anxiety ruin this for you. You're going to be snuggled in between two hunky men! What more could you want?"