Consequences

My savior came in the form of my sister. Not Bree, no. My unofficial sister. The one who always stuck by me and was always a sister to me. She never abandoned me. We had been through everything together and never gave up on each other. She was always there for me. She always told me when I was being an idiot, she was never scared of me.

She stood at her tall height in the door frame of my cell. Her leather pants hugged her legs and the chains she wore hit each other making a noise I have grown to find comfort in.

He heels clicked against the floor as she made her way to my curled up body on the floor. She bent down placed her palm on my cheek.

"I had a feeling you would come here." She whispered and her face became one of worry.

I kept glancing at the shiny metal, I was drawn to it. She seemed to noticed and picked it up. She looked it over thoroughly and held it up for me to see.

"This is not a escape from your pain. This is just a way to pass it on to someone else. I understand why you would want this, but you do not need it." She spoke softly making sure to look into my eyes the whole time.

"I'm scared Vinity." My lip tremble and sobs escaped me. She threw the useless silver and took me into her arms.

"I know. It's gonna be okay. I'll protect you." She whispered into my ear while never letting go of me. She rubbed my back gently and held me tight.

I sobbed into her leather jacket, my tears came fast and never seemed to stop.

"I'm so sorry." I cried harder and held onto her comfort harder.

"You did what you had to do. Never feel bad about that. You are a good man Callum you just need a bit of help as we all do." Her words are sincere I could tell that. Vinity didn't lie. She never did.

"They hate me." I became hysterical at the revelation.

"No, Callum they could never hate you. They were just scared." She reassured me and pulled back to move my hair out of my face.

Her green eyes were honest and she held tightly to my hands as she spoke.

"I scared them." I whispered looking down my whole body hurt at the thought.

"Yes you did Callum. They were scared for you. Scared for your safety. You are not like others Callum. You need special care. You are special Callum and that can be scary sometimes. Diffrent is good as it is scary." She held my face in her hands wiping away my tears although they kept flowing.

"You are delicate Callum. You need to be cared for. You need help just like everybody else. You just have to let people care for you." She held my face firmly and her gaze never wavered or lessened.

She held onto me tight and never let go. She never left. She came for me.

"You came." The words left my mouth, they were broken and choked but they were hope.

"Of course I did. Your my brother." She smiled, and I did to then because I wasn't alone. We hugged for the longest time.

It felt good to not be alone, to not be cold. The longer I lived, really lived the less I needed the cold.

"I-I didn't mean to." I whispered the tears coming faster. How can I fix this?

"I know. You were doing what you had been taught. You did what you thought you had to do. That's okay Callum. Your still good." She rubbed my back comfortably, and I sunk down into her arms. I was so tired.

After a few moments I knew it was time to face the music. I had to face my own mess and clean it up as best I could. I had to take the consequences. I pulled back from Vinity after awhile and smiled a little at her warm expression.