Love, Callum

Ryker's POV

Song for whole chapter Let It Out by Rasmus Hagen

We felt it the moment we opened our eyes. Callum's mark that stood proudly on my neck was red and burning. Keagan's was the same, and I would never forget the searing pain in my heart and horrible feeling I got. The sense of dread and despair, of hopelessness. I couldn't find Callum when I woke, and we knew something was horribly wrong.

I had always felt a warm light in my chest. A silent pull from Callum. A little reminding gift of his life in my heart. My soul was his soul. That feeling was gone now. There was just emptiness where the warmth of his life once was.

I jumped out of bed in a instant with Keagan by my side. Tears had come to my eyes, and I didn't even know what was happening. All I knew was that Callum's mark was burning, and I couldn't feel him. I remember tugging on a shirt with Keagan and running down the steps.

When we came to the kitchen we found The Forsaken standing with with upset faces obviously showing they felt something was wrong. Callum's family was silent looking around for Callum. They must of felt something was wrong because they stood silently. Callums mother shook silently in a way that made me want to cry. The mothers intinct on her face gave me a feeling I would never forget.

"I-I c-can't feel h-him." My voice came out in short gasps as my body shook. Keagan yelled in pain as he grabbed his chest in pain. I did the same the tears coming faster.

Callum's mother took steps backwards backwards as if I had punched her. Vinity seemed to have been hit by a truck as her mouth opened but nothing came out.

"Daddy where's Callum?" Cally's voice suddenly broke that silence as I reached and gasped for air.

"G-Go to mommy baby." Ajax spoke slowly and looked to Cally and if trying to breath.

Nobody moved because they didn't know how. They all felt something, the horrid sense of despair. The pit in our stomachs. The feeling you get when something happens, but you can't bare to confirm it. You just stop and try to breath. Hoping and praying that is was all a misunderstanding. But this feeling couldn't be misunderstood. I couldn't move or breath for a moment. I only stood not feeling anything but the burn in my neck.

I suddenly turned and began walking. I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going. All I knew was that I had to find Callum, but I couldn't bring myself to think to do so. The pain was too great; the feeling so horrible and overwhelming. I just silently prayed as I walked with Keagan beside me.

He shook and seemed to barely be breathing. We were suddenly running deep into the woods. The grass under our feet died from the pain that came from us, and I wanted to scream out that this was just a stupid misunderstanding. That whatever this is I would find Callum, and we would figure it out.

I didn't try to think about what it could mean. I didn't dare. I would collapse if I did, but my heart felt it, and that's what made it hard to move. The horrible feeling I refused to name pulsed within me as I ran beside Keagan. I heard footsteps behind me, but I couldn't being myself to care or listen.

One

Two....

Three? Where's three. No. No. No.