Time

Play song (for whole chapter) Speeding Cars by Walking On Cars

A month had passed, and in that time so much had come together. Everything was so good. My father and I talked frequently and the tension had drifted away along with the grudges we held. My mother was my mother again, and Bree and I had our talks again.

My brothers and I went outside and passed the football around. Cally was conquering her fears with bullies, and she was growing up fast. It saddened me to know I wouldn't be there to watch her grow longer.

Keagan and Ryker have been amazing, and we spend everyday together. Ryker had finally mostly gotten over his self consciousness about our relationship. Our mate bond was stronger than ever. Our mark's burned bright, and we made love every night. Ryker was an amazing Alpha, and the pack was stronger than ever.

Keagan learned to work the microwave and was adjusting very well. We had moments of dark pleasure which stemmed from roots of our powers. We were fitting together and everything was coming together. It was so beautiful yet so sad because I knew it would be ripped apart. It broke my heart to know, but I hoped they could mend back together to be something even more beautiful.

My time was running out; the time was coming. The clock was ticking and couldn't be stopped. I didn't try to either because that would put other people at risk. I knew what I had to do and planned to do it proudly. Of course it would break my heart to do, but I had to. They would hurt, but I knew they were strong and would be okay.

Things were spinning together beautifully only to be ripped apart into pieces. I knew my mates could find beauty in anything because they found beauty in me, so they will be okay. They will make those pieces something beautiful.

I cried at the thought of what I had to do, but I knew it was the only way. I'd do this again and again a million times over again for my mates and family.

I had come so far from where I was just a little over four months ago. It seemed like a lifetime ago I couldn't even recognize the man I was. It hurt me to do this, but it brought me a sense of peace to do the right thing. To do the good thing.

I was so cold and scared with no one to protect me and no one to protect. I was so mad at the world for hurting me the way it did. Although I knew now that was to bring me to here. My hurt was my strength, and my heart knew what I had to do. I no longer tried to push the darkness away because it was part of me. It was my gift. Nor did I try to be cold because I knew I never will be. Not with the light that was my mates.

My heart had been opened, and I had learned to love myself as I was. My mates had saved me from my own hate. Now I had to save them. I knew what the Goddess sent me here for now. I have known for awhile now. To save them. To be a hero. To protect my people. Keagan had protected his and now he was free to his prize of love, and I would never take that from him.

His time had come, and he had struggled to make here his whole life. He had done his part and saved all he could. Ryker had inspired and led. Now it was time for my crucible. They deserved their prizes; they deserved to be happy.

I needed nothing else now. I had gotten all I wanted. I had gotten a chance to find love. I had gotten my family back. I learned to love and to loose. My mates were the greatest gift I could ever have. I needed nothing else. I had been given the chance to love them even for a short time. They would be okay, and they were happy. That's all I needed; that was my prize.

I wanted nothing else.

I had to do good. For my mates. For my family. For the world. For me.