"Induction!"

"Well... it's done." The realization of her Rogue status hit her all at once, the morning after her actions in Konoha. Mercilessly ripping apart Asuma's arm, beating Kurenai to the point of a concussion and her handy defeat of Gai.

Not to mention her decimating two of Konoha's honored elders, one of which was the Sandaime Hokage.

She couldn't bring herself to care.

Sakura had been laying low at a small Inn, about 100 miles out from Konoha. She had traveled all night, needing to cover as much distance as possible.

Konoha wasn't dumb enough to send somebody after her immediately. They would wait for a while before putting a bounty on her head. Sakura had seen the process happen to countless former Konoha nin.

Only two of them had survived. Sakura was determined to become the third.

Sakura got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. She had decided to shower later, as she had to make haste out of the small Inn town.

It was time for a change in the worst way.

Sakura had opted out of dyeing her hair, as she had already overstayed her welcome at the Inn and was not intending to waste any more time. The longer she spent here, the more she risked being discovered.

Not that it mattered.

Sakura was the strongest in Konoha without debate. They wouldn't risk their best Shinobi for a retrieval mission. Sakura continued to tell herself this, perhaps as a means of self security. It was too dangerous. The pinkette had been a prodigy from birth, and had exceeded even the sky high expectations of her.

Sakura quickly tidied up her room, fixing the sheets and borrowing a broom to sweep the floor. Even missing nin has manners. She removed the barrier over the room and promptly exited.

She bid the innkeeper a cordial wave goodbye, but he beckoned for her to come closer.

"Hey, you. You seem familiar." The old man seemed to be deep in thought , perhaps trying to place her face with a name.

Sakura was agitated at being stopped but her face was blank of any emotion. "You must be confusing me with someone else. We haven't met before." She turned on her heel and walked off.

"Oh, please. I was a Shinobi once. I'm no fool. Pink hair, jade eyes... you fit the description perfectly." Sakura halted her movement. Another interesting development.

"Who might you be?" The man was bald, with a long grey beard that stretched to his chest area and several scars showing years of battle experience.

"Heh... how could you not know me? I'm the one known as Miura Tatsuya. The former great swordsman of Kirigakure." Sakura's eyes widened considerably.

'That name... it's strangely similar to-' Her thoughts were interrupted as the man spoke again.

"My son was Satoshi Tatsuya. You're the one who killed him." The man's words were hard. Memories flooded into Sakura's head all at once. She had killed that man, after all.

He was an upper A-class Shinobi, maybe even a low S-class well on his way to greatness. The man just had to attack a Konoha platoon.

Sakura was 15 at the time and Satoshi had been 17. Sakura's loyalty to Konoha was so great that she risked her life battling him. She emerged victorious, cutting short Satoshi's promising life.

"I'm sorry... there's nothing I can say to make you feel better about what I've done." Sakura hoped the man wouldn't attempt anything out of spite.

"No, it's quite alright. Satoshi never quite understood his limits, and was power hungry. For the good of the Shinobi world, his death was necessary. Blood or not, our livelihood comes before any selfish goal." Sakura nodded silently.

"I want you to have my sword. As something to remember me by. I was once an S-class monster in my own right. I don't possess Nuibari, one of the Seven Swords Of The Mist anymore, but this should suffice."

"It is called Mayonaka (Midnight)

"It is called Mayonaka (Midnight). It's crafted from the finest materials. I've ended many a battle with this. Accept this, as a show of respect from me to you." The man bowed deeply and handed Sakura the blade.

Sakura was unlikely to use this due to her Axe, but a backup weapon never hurt anybody.

Except the person struck by it.

Sakura thanked the man profusely and bowed respectfully. She crept out of the door, Mayonaka placed above the scroll on her back containing Scar.

'Well... that was eventful. I need a new destination. I heard Takigakure was offering asylum for missing nin. For a price.' Sakura raced along the forest floor, determined to cover as much distance as possible. She needed shelter before nightfall.

"Going somewhere?" A voice called out in front of Sakura. She stopped swiftly, and crouched into a stance.

"No need for that. We're here to offer you something you'd like very much." A Shinobi duo donning a black robe with red clouds ominously looked over her form.

One of them was a woman. She had light blue hair and a brilliant golden eye color. Her sole chin piercing stood out. In Sakura's estimation, she was quite beautiful. But that made her no less dangerous.

The other figure was an otherworldly being to Sakura altogether. He had spiky orange locks and seemingly endless piercings. He possessed an unknown ocular jutsu, making his status as an anomaly grow.

"Who are you? And what could you possibly offer me?" The duo remained indifferent. Hesitance was expected.

The man's baritone voice cut through the silence like knife through butter.

"I am Pein, and this is Konan. We are two leading members of the Akatsuki. An organization that provides missions, as well as room and board for S-class missing nin, such as yourself." Sakura's face took on a thoughtful expression.

Something to keep her busy and safeguarded, while also allowing her to gain powerful allies. She could detect no deception in the man's chakra.

"At what price?" She bit back. The woman replied this time.

"All we ask is your undying loyalty, and you will be given the world." Her golden eyes betrayed no emotion.

Sakura smirked, ever so slightly.

"Fine. I'll join. Sounds like it'll be right up my alley." If Sakura hadn't been paying attention, she would've missed the slight smirk on the man's face.

"Glad to have you. It's an honor being in a Kunoichi of your caliber's presence." Konan said. She continued.

"Before you can officially be a member, you must have a ring. Here you are." Konan carefully placed the ring on her finger.

It was a purple ring that bore the kanji for 'Thread.'

"Welcome to the Akatsuki, Haruno Sakura." Pein said with a hint of pride.

"Glad to be here." She grabbed the two figures shoulders and they vanished.

Didn't wanna stop here but I wanna save a little something for later. I know this story isn't very successful but hopefully, it'll come soon. I'll try and update tomorrow. As always, thanks for the support !!