Chapter 7

Soon enough, you and Gavin had gotten to talking about your life. He talked about what he did before he joined the force, and you talked about family life.

"So your brother works for Kamski? That guy who made the tin cans who are takin' our jobs?" He asked, taking a drink of his coffee. You nodded with a smile.

"Yea, he gave me some money for this nice house." You said, stretching out slightly. Instinctively, you wondered where your pet was. Usually they'd be all over the new stranger by now. Then you remembered you had left the dog outside.

"Oh! I left my dog outside! Wait here a second." You said as you rushed outside. The mischievous pooch was digging in your garden again. You huffed and tried to yank him out of the various flowers you had bunched together, but he stood firm and dug more.

Meanwhile, Gavin sat on your couch for a few moments before suddenly remembering that he now had his chance! He looked behind him to see where you were outside through the windows behind the couch. He couldn't help but snicker at how you were unsuccessful in pulling your dog out of the flowerbed. He stood up and snuck down the hallway to his left, which led to your bedroom...

After a while, you finally managed to distract your dog with a treat and chained up his harness to his dog house for a while. You had gotten it fitted with the latest in dog-pampering technology, so he would be just fine with his automatic water bowl and air conditioning. He whined, but you fought against your urge to go back to him and let him free. Don't look at his adorable puppy eyes.... You managed to clean up your flower bed as well before heading inside, exhausted.

You took a moment to look down at yourself and gasp at how grubby you looked. You quickly tried to fix up as much as possible, using a wet cleaning rag to get off any dirt smudges, fixing your messy H/C  hair by slicking back any stray strands with some water. You did this until you looked presentable before going back to the couch.

He's gone.

You felt your heart sink a bit, wondering if he had left. You checked outside to see if his car was still there. It was, thankfully. You figured he had gone to the bathroom, but your bathroom door wasn't closed...

That left only one option...

The bedroom.

Your heart sank more as you quickly went to the bedroom, hoping that it wasn't too late and that he hadn't seen the weird bulletin board. Now that you thought about it, it was a little creepy that you kept all the notes on a bulletin board.. was that like an obsession?? We're you now going to be teased for being a stalker even though you didn't even know the person who was sending you the gifts and notes??

You stood in the doorway, disheveled as you saw Gavin sitting on your bed with all the notes.. he was reading them with a look of curiosity before looking back up at you..

Guess whose back, Back again, Shady's back, Tell a friend!

I bet you all were waiting for this one ;)