12

Minhee's POV

I look at myself in the mirror for a few seconds before rinsing my hands in the sink.

"What's up dude? You've been spacing out lately." Hyeongjun, a classmate of mine tap on my shoulder. Was I spacing out?

"Uh- nothing" I pretend to look in the mirror and fix my hair.

"You look good" he says copying my action.

"I know that" I wink at him and he just laugh off. "Com'on bro, we better get a better place to chat" I circle my arms in his shoulders and drag him out of the washroom.

"Hey bro!" Sejin high-five me as he pass by us.

"By the way, don't you think the new girl looks so pretty"

"Shut up Hyeongjun!"  I lock his neck with my arms.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" He shouts but I refuse to set him free. "Don't tell me you've already laid your eyes on her" he continues to talk which got me taken aback.

I stop walking and release him.

"Did I guess it right?" Hyeongjun tease me. "Looks like you did-"

"HYEONGJUN!" I shout at him, annoyed by his actions.

"Uh oh!" He covers his mouth with his palm. "I- I need to go now" he quickly dash out of my sight.

"You-" I shrug off since he's nowhere to be seen. I sigh.

'Don't tell me you've already laid your eyes on her' his words suddenly repeats in my head.

"N-no no! That can't be." I shake my head deliberately. She's a human girl from nowhere, I can't just lay my eyes on her. "She's just a bloodbag anyway" I smirk on remembering the taste of her blood.

I thrust my hands in my pockets and proceed to head towards the cafeteria. As I walk along I notice students from different classes rushing to a direction while girls were on with their gossips. Curious, I use my abilities to eavesdrop them.

"I heard some of the vampires are picking on the new girl"

"Such a pity! She just joined and she's already been picked by some vampires"

Hearing the girls mentioning the new girl, Y/n's image cross my mind right at the moment. Not wasting anymore time, I use my vampire speed to reach the classroom. There, I saw three guys surrounding Y/n. One of them was so close to her that they were just inches apart and right at the moment, I feel my heart clutching. My orbs suddenly turn red and my fist balls up before I launch at him. The next thing I did, I knock him down on the floor and hit him hard for multiple times. From the corner of my eyes, I notice the other two sneaking out of the classroom. I use my abilities to approach them and attack. Despite the opponents are more in number, there's no way I'm losing on them, they can't just lay their hands on Y/n and I won't let anyone hurt her. Speaking of Y/n, I suddenly remembered her and quickly crock my head a little and saw y/n sobbing. Seeing her in that state made me feel bad.

I quickly speeded towards her, "It's okay"

"I'm sorry" she says while sobbing. What is she sorry for? I should be the one to say sorry for not protecting her.

"It's okay, I'm here now" I stroke her hair, my actions suddenly turning to a gentle one. She lent her head on my chest.

I turn speechless for a split seconds before embracing her and caress her back. Noticing a few bruises on her, I suddenly picked her up so I could take her to the nurse room.

"What are you doing?"

Well, I don't even know what I'm doing but, "you'll know later" I smile looking down at her.