Chapter 20

It hurt. I'm not going to lie, it really did hurt. I know I had always said that Calum and I were just friends but I'd hoped that maybe there was something; something more between us.

My eyes darted to the blonde ahired girl. She sat on the kitchen bench, bewildered, legs wide apart. I shook my head in disgrace. I had no idea who she was but she looked trashy. Her dress wasn't long enough to anything so her butt and boobs were on full display. Her face was covered with three inches of makeup that had started running because of the heat.

I didn't know what to do. I stood there and stuttered saying something about Yasmin. I stumbled back through the house, holding back the tears that had started welling up in my eyes. I shoved people out of the way, gaining my lots and lots of dirty looks. I needed fresh air. I felt suffocated. I pushed open the door and the cold night air tickled my abre skin. I searched for Yasmin. I spotted her on the dance floor, liplocked with someone. I assumed it was Luke and that he'd just had a haircut but upon putting on my glasses I realised that the guy wasn't Luke at all.I pondered this for a moment but then realised that Yasmins relationship wasn't really any of my business.

The song finished and Yasmin saw me sitting on the bench alone. She smiled and beckoned me over but I shook my head. There was something about seeing Yasmin kiss that guy that made me feel uneasy about her. Why would she do something like that? Obviously she'd changed. A thought struck me. Maybe her and Luke had broken up. But then why hadn't she told me? I reminded myself again that it wasn't any of my business and I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind.

I exhaled, blowing the loose hair out of my face. I listened to song after song, the night slowly passing as I sat by my lonesome. It was only when I heard The Arctic Monkeys  that I sat up straight, serching for the source of the music. Then I realised that it was my own rington. I checked the caller ID. It was Michael.

“Hello?” I shouted over the music.

“Oi! Hazel! Where are you?” he shouted back. There was so much noise in the background; it was such a struggle to hear him.

“Don't oi me! And I’m at Jason’s party!”

“Yeah, but where?” he asked.

“Ummm...” I looked around the area I was in, unsure of what to call it. “Out the back?”

The phone clicked as he hung and I was left confused. I jumped as someone tapped me on the shoulder. I was prepared to turn around and hit them but upon seeing who it was I laughed instead.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Michael, Ashton and Luke.

“Aren’t we allowed to party?” Ashton replied.

“I just didn’t know you were invited!”

“We weren’t,” Michael smiled.

“Then how?” I asked.

“It helps when the security guard worked at one of your gigs,” Luke winked.

I laughed. Of course they knew him. They seemed to know everyone.

“Anyway, we were thinking we might ditch this party and go back to mine. You in?” Michael offered.

I nodded. “Anything to get me out of here!”

“I’ll just go get Calum and Yasmin,” Ashton said.

“Oh...” I thought, but accidently said.

“Is something wrong? Ashton asked.

“Oh no, no. I just um remembered that errr I have to go somewhere tomorrow but don’t worry. I’m still in for tonight.”

“Oh okay then,” Ashton replied, exchanging a strange look with Michael.

Luke coughed. “Why don’t Hazel, Michael and I head back to Michael’s and you can come with Yasmin and Calum?”

“Seems like a good idea!” I piped up, quite happy to avoid Calum.

Ashton looked more confused than ever. “Okay. I guess I’ll see you back at Michaels then...”

“Indeed you will.” I forced my best smile to convince him that I was okay. I hoped it worked. I didn’t stay around long enough to find out if it did.

A/N: Hello! I just wanted to say that if there's spelling errors in this chapter and in future chapters it's because (a) I'm a terrible speller and (b) my spell check somehow broke :'( So yeah sorry for that! And don't forget that you can follow Yasmin at @yasminmarnie and also in this fanfic all the characters (except of course the boys and Yasmin) are completely fictional! Any similarites are completely coincidental! Hazel is not based on me! Yasmin are you reading this? ;) And yeah thanks all for reading! Ex to the oh