Chapter 30: things are taking a turn

"Thanks for cooking Margie" Spock said from my counter. He didn't look up from his laptop, he was too busy editing with me.

"Of course" I said as I poured the pesto sauce from out of the food processor. "Got to thank you some how"

He smiled as he continued to work, he didn't even notice when the door opened. He did however notice when Noel called for me. How do I know? Because the smile completely fell from his face.

"Hey Spock?" Noel said with a raised an eyebrow and looked to me. "I didn't know you were here"

"It goes both ways." Spock said as he gave a half hearted smile. "Do you want me to head out."

"Absolutely not" I said as I took the pork from the oven. "We are going to eat together."

They exchanged looks with each other. "I mean you could leave.... But" I put the plate on the dinner table and smiled. "Why would you leave this meal to me and Fluffy"

The two boys stared at the food. I knew at the very least Spock was famished. And Noel wouldn't leave because ... to be quite frank I sent him some incentive.

"Food is Food" Spock sighed as he got up from the counter and went over to the cabinet, "Want help setting the table.

I gave him a smile. "Of course. Noel would you mind getting the some wine from the fridge?"

"sure Mars" He said as he shot me a look. I had a feeling the sex tonight was going to be something else...

I sat down and waiting for them to finish setting the table. I cooked after all. When they were both seated I turned to Spock and smile. "Hey buddy... so" I began. "I am sorry I pulled the wool over your eyes.... I don't want to be the person who does that. But I love you and I love Noel," Noel put his hand on my thigh. I knew he didn't want me to be doing this. But honesty? It had been a month and they hadn't fixed it. It was my turn. "I want to apologize... for my part in the lie. I shouldn't have done it... and I am sorry."

Spock sighed as he served food on to his plate. "I know... and thank you for apologizing... I was never mad at you, but I appreciate the apology." He looked up at me and smiled. "I am sorry... for adding to the drama of that weekend. I was wrapped up in what I was feeling about Sarah... and other people." His eyes flicked to Noel

"Thanks, and I forgive you." I said as I took the some food on to my own plate. "Noel ..." I said, prompting him to apologize.

"Yeah... I am sorry too." Noel said. "I wanted to come to you, I did. But the reason I lied was because that you made me feel like I couldn't."

"How" Spock said angrily. I knew this is would happen. At least they were being honest.

"How about the first night you found us?" Noel said. "You ran out of the room and then yelled at me inside "

"Because I didn't want to be involved in a lie." He shot back. "You are the one who kept it up."

"And its that reason I didn't come to you" Noel said. "I wanted to, I wanted to talk to anyone. Mars had a lot of people she could go to and I was riding blind. It would have been nice to talk to you without feeling like you would jump down my throat or go to cody"

Food... was not going to solve this one. There was silence for a moment. I looked to both and they didn't seem to say anything.

"I ... I am sorry I made you feel like you couldn't come to me." Spock finally said. "But that doesn't justify hiding things the way you did. You don't get what was happening on our end. Cody was fine but I knew you weren't the same. I thought you were mad at me when you were just covering things up. Any time I would try to meet up with you, you made some excuse. I ddint know what to think so I assumed you were just distancing yourself from me. Cody forgave you, that was his decision but for my forgiveness you need to acknowledge what you did was wrong."