Chapter 3

"Shit!" Luke curses as he sprints out of his house and runs out the door. He ended up taking a really long shower and by the time he had finished it was ten minutes before four. He remembered looking at how to get to Ashton's house from his place and he saw that to walk it'd take him approximately ten minutes. Ashton had told him to arrive no later than four and here he was, already running late.

Luke remembers how to get to Ashton's place, so he's running as fast as his long legs can carry him, running by people who sent him bemused and curious looks, wondering why an eighteen year old is running so fast.

On his way to Ashton's he bumps into someone and mutters a quick apology to them before he's back to sprinting. He sees Ashton's house show up and he pulls out his phone to see that it's one minute until four.

He practically trips on his way up the small steps that lead to Ashton's front door and he almost falls, but he manages to gain his balance again as his entire frame presses against the front door. He searches for the doorbell, but when he sees none he settles with knocking.

The door finally swings open and Ashton appears before the tall blond.

The new boy takes in the image of Luke and raises his eyebrow when Luke leans forward and takes in deep breaths.

"Did you run here?" Ashton questions.

Luke manages to nod. "Y-Yeah," he answers. "You- You said to not be here any later than four. So here I am, four o'clock sharp."

Ashton glances behind him to look at the clock. "I'm impressed. Right on the dot, too. You must really want to know about me."

"Well, I did tell you that on a scale from one to ten, how much I wanted to know about you was a twenty-four."

"Which made no sense whatsoever." Ashton laughs and helps Luke inside his house. "My mom isn't home now, so it's just the two of us here."

"Great."

"Do you want me to get you some water?"

"Water sounds nice right about now." Ashton nods and then tells Luke to follow him on as he heads into the kitchen to get Luke something to quench his thirst.

Luke walks behind Ashton and watches as the shorter boy grabs a glass from a cabinet and goes over to the refrigerator to fill it up with water.

"Don't sit down yet," Ashton tells Luke. "Wait for your heart rate to go back to normal before you do anything." The new boy then takes the glass of water to Luke and hands it to him.

When Luke takes the glass their fingers brush together and Luke nearly drops the cup, but thankfully Ashton hadn't released the cup just yet.

His heart was beating hard, and it wasn't because of the running he'd done not too long ago. He might as well just remain standing, if he can't sit until his beating slows.

The taller boy starts to gulp large amounts of water and Ashton sits down in a chair, waiting for Luke to finish drinking.

Once Luke finishes half of the glass Ashton opens his mouth to speak. "What do you want to know?"

Luke thinks for a moment. "Just tell me something about yourself in general."

"Okay. I'm Ashton Fletcher Irwin. I'm eighteen years old, born on the seventh of July..." Ashton pauses before he shrugs. "That's all I can think about. I'm a very boring person."

"I don't think you're boring at all," Luke blurts out, almost regretting it once the words were said. Ashton just laughs and shakes his head.

"You don't know me, Luke. I'm not a very great person."

"You're most likely an amazing person, Ashton. I also think you're pretty attractive."

Amused, the shorter boy raises his eyebrow at Luke. "You think I'm attractive?"

"W-Was that weird to say, because we're both guys?"

"No, it's fine. I mean, I like guys. But if you don't like gays, then that makes me not like you even more."

"I-I do like gays! I-In fact, I'm one myself. But... how come you don't like me? I didn't do anything to you."

"You're taller than I am. I don't like people who are taller than I am."

Luke cocks an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because there's this dumb stereotype people believe that the taller one is the more dominant one in the relationship. I may be shorter than you, but I most certainly do not bottom."

Luke chews on his bottom lip, because if Ashton's supposedly the more dominant one, then that means that Luke would take it up the ass. But he thinks that if it's with Ashton... he wouldn't mind at all.

"Anyway, enough with this top and bottom thing. Is there anything about me you want to know?"

"Yes," Luke says. "How amazing are you in bed?"

Ashton raises his eyebrows, slightly taken aback by Luke's question. But a wide smile forms on his face, his dimples appearing on his cheeks.

"On a scale from one to ten, twenty-four. I can demonstrate on you, if you'd like." Luke doesn't hesitate to nod and then the next thing he knows Ashton's leading him to his bedroom.