Chapter 12

AN: I have an important announcement at the end. Enjoy this gif that (for some strange reason) looks like Lashton, omf.

Luke opens his eyes and sees some sunlight going through the window and into the room, but the room wasn't his.

At first the blond was confused, but then he remembers the events of last night and that he's at Ashton's place.

A smile forms on his lips. He gave his virginity to Ashton last night and he's glad that he did. The shorter boy had told him that he loves him and Luke had said the same thing.

Speaking of Ashton, Luke notices the cold feeling beside him and then he realizes that Ashton isn't in bed.

He decides to look for Ashton and tries to sit up, but his bottom starts to hurt and he winces. He assumes that this was the after effects of being the one at the receiving end of sex.

Luke notices that his stomach feels a little weird, like something sticky just dried up on it. He isn't sure what coated his stomach, but he has an idea on where it came from.

He stands from the bed, but feels pain in his lower part of the body and he lowers himself back down onto the bed, wincing and trying to avoid the pain.

"Ashton?" he calls out to the shorter boy, but no response follows. However, he does hear something go off, something like a shower being shut off. He hadn't noticed the sound before, but since he's heard it stop, he assumes that Ashton just went for a shower.

Luke lies down on the bed and waits for Ashton to return. He covers his lower half of his body with the blanket on the bed and closes his eyes for a brief moment before he hears the door swing open. He glances over the room entrance and sees Ashton walk in with a towel around his waist.

"Whoa," Ashton says, stopping in the middle of the room as he looks at Luke. He laughs. "Weren't you like this yesterday when I got out of the shower? Déjà vu."

Luke smiles a bit and lets out a small chuckle, looking down. "I, um, need to shower," he says, his fingers playing with one another.

Ashton nods. "Yeah, you can use my shower."

Luke remains where he is as Ashton heads towards his dresser to get his clothes. Once Ashton pulls on a pair of boxer shorts and jeans, his head snaps over to Luke.

"You can't walk, can you?" he says.

Luke shakes his head as he extends his arms out towards Ashton.

"Take me to the bathroom and help me?" he asks as he places on an innocent smile onto his face.

Ashton rolls his eyes, but walks over to Luke and scoops him into his arms. The taller boy wraps his arms around the shorter boy's neck and kisses his cheek.

"I love you," Luke says with a sigh following as he leans his head against Ashton's. "Boyfriend."

The wavy haired boy smiles and turns to nuzzle his face into the blond's hair. "I love you, too. Boyfriend."

Then Ashton takes Luke to the bathroom where he can help his boyfriend to clean up.

------

The two arrive at school on Monday morning together with their hands interlaced. They head over to Luke's locker where they see Michael and Calum waiting.

The red haired boy looks up to see the couple and frowns at the sight of them holding hands.

Michael hisses, "Luke, I swear to God, if that guy forced you-"

"No!" Luke exclaims as he holds one hand out towards his friend like he's being defensive. "The decision was mutual, I promise." He glances over at Ashton and smiles. "And he's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Calum repeats. "That was fast."

"But not fast enough," Ashton comments as he kisses Luke on the cheek. He notices that Michael's still glaring at him and he bites down on his bottom lip. "Look, I swear that I won't hurt Luke in anyway."

"How can I trust you?" Michael questions as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I don't expect you to, but I can certainly tell you this. No matter what you think or believe, I love Luke and I do not plan on giving him to anyone."

Michael narrows his eyes at Ashton before his expression softens.

"Fine. I accept you," he says. "For now."

Ashton smiles and extends his arms out towards Michael, asking for a hug. The red haired boy rolls his eyes, but goes in for the hug anyway.

The two hug for a while before Luke clears his throat and wraps his arms around Ashton.

"Mine," is all Luke says, causing the three boys to laugh at him as the tall blond kisses Ashton's cheek.

Calum chuckles. "Well, we better get ready for class now," he says. "I still have to get my stuff from my locker."

The others nod and Luke opens up his locker, collecting the things he will need for his classes. Ashton, being the amazing boyfriend he is, offers to carry some of Luke's books and the blond gladly hands his stuff over to the shorter boy.

"I was kidding!" Ashton exclaims, pouting a bit. "I don't want to hold your stuff."

"Too bad," Luke says, sticking his tongue out at Ashton. "You should've thought about that before you suggested it."

"Can I at least get some sort of payment?" The shorter boy puckers up his lips and Luke leans in to it, giving him a kiss.

"Okay, you love birds," Calum says, tapping Luke on the shoulder. "Let's get going. I don't plan on being late to class because my best friend and his boyfriend were making out."

Luke turns to face his best friend. "Who said you guys had to wait for us?"

"Yeah," Ashton agrees. "It's not like we're forcing you two to stay here."

Calum and Michael glance at each other before they shrug and dismiss themselves from the couple that resume to giving each other small kisses on the cheek.

"I love you," Ashton says, smiling at his boyfriend.

"I love you, too," Luke says back and then the two walk down the hallway together while Ashton attempts to convince his boyfriend to take his stuff back.

------

AN: The announcement: this is the end of Height.

I hope you enjoyed this book :D it was short and all, but hey, it's a story, isn't it?

Have a lovely life, everyone! x