A visit to the lovely town

Vanessa's pov:

So here I am standing at the bus stop to take a bus to... Silverton.Oh god! The journey has not started yet I can't wait for it end.How did I end here?I sigh recalling my meet with my head agent  soon after the call ended.

☆☆☆

"I understand Nessa" said my boss Ms. Katherine or Kat for short as I like calling her. I had come to refuse the trip to Silverton and had just done that while Kat was working on her computer. She twirls her chair to face me across her black desk.Its quite contrasting to the clean white walls of her modern office. The window behind her seemingly has all my attention ...the splendid view of the town and the potted plants was plain stylish and beautiful.But I can't pretend longer.

"I cannot go to that place" I said clenching my jaw and repeat once more.
I do not give her reason as she knows it quite well herself.Sure enough the next thing she said proved it.

"I know what you are facing , Nessa. And I have been through the same but don't you want to fulfill your promise you made years ago?" She asked sighing.

The promise. Some vague impressions of childhood anger and frustations come to front of my mind.

"I ....know but it's just..." I replied not knowing what to say. "Just go there Nessa and if you really feel you cannot do that you can come back. Just remember that you are just like her. Don't back down because of fear " she said quietly with confidence radiating from her.There are very few times that she speaks like that.It clears away all the doubts and hesitation.

"Fine I will go but I will come back if I don't feel good about it" I said resolutely.

"Good"Kat nods, "then prepare well and be safe."She stands up gestures towards the door.I exit.

☆☆☆

Then after waiting for what feels like eternity I see the bus stopping before me.Right as I head toward the last row seats I think let's see what is happening in this town this time.

Silverton here I come...

Christian's pov:

As I was packing my bag , Drew came in and started jumping on my bed literally . Oh god! Is he 5 or what?I think he's gone to child mode this time. "What do you want Drew?" I asked zipping the chain. Sighing in relief for getting done with the packing I turn to face him.

"I was just here to say goodbye to you. Can't I say goodbye to my bestie" he asked sticking his bottom lip out and giving me those damn puppy dog eyes.

Ugh!I roll my eyes and think upon the last minute requirements and/or anything that I have missed upon. Seeing that I have done it all I smile sweetly at Andrew ,"Fine goodbye my  best friend." I then get up and push him away "Now shoo I got to catch on my ride so get going."

I take the keys and leave my little nest unlocked seeing as Drew has the spare keys and  knowing he can close my house.I soon enter the  taxi I had booked to reach Silverton.The drive goes smooth with a few rest stops.But apparently as soon as I reach the entry point the driver refused to enter the city. I shake my bead at the driver's vehemence and reach for my wallet in the bag to pay him for the ride.

Just as I pull out the wallet something white flutters down to the ground. At first I mistake it for a butterfly and pay the driver.But just as the taxi pulls away. It flutters ahead and Crimson bleeding letters call my attention.I pick the small strip of sheet and read:

'Stay away, You don't wanna get hurt. '

I raise my brows Now that's something new! Anonymous letters. I have been here to Silverton for less then a minute and I have already got these nonsensical things. I don't have much well wishers  but that's okay I wasn't even going to acknowledge the thought about leaving.

As I look ahead straight I see a sign board that reads "Welcome to Silverton" on it.  But there is a rubble of  ruins  behind it that feels familiar.Am I  having dejà vu now? I think to myself. Sighing, I shoulder my bag.

Silverton, here I come...