Chapter-2

Shivanya's POV-

I had no idea that I had passed out on the sofa.

" Shivanya. Wake up. It's time for lunch." I heard a voice and immediately opened my eyes to see Abhimanyu.

" I'm so sorry. I have no idea how I fell asleep." I said, embarrassed.

" It's okay. Jet lag does that. You don't have to be embarrassed." He said, offering a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

" Come for lunch." He added.

" No. Thank you. I'm not really hungry." I said. I wasn't.

That very moment, my phone rang.

" Excuse me." I muttered to him. It was Laavanya. My best friend.

" Hello." I said.

" You in Mumbai and didn't care to inform me? Send me your location. I'm coming with Reyansh to pick you up. We have a lot of catching up to do." She said.

" Just tell me where you wanna go and I'll be there." I sighed.

" You sure?" She asked.

I nodded.

" Say something." She whined.

" Yes, I'm sure. Now bye." I hung up.

I went to the dining room where everyone was having lunch. Little Sahil was also sitting.

" Hi Sahil, I'm your maasi." I said, introducing myself.

" Hii. I know who you are. Mumma says that you are a monkey who can't sit at one place for a long time." Sahil said, offering me his best smile.

" Oh...this is what she said?" I asked him, embarrassed.

He nodded positively.

" Damn Di." I muttered.

" Bye champ. I'll see you tomorrow. Don't trouble mumma okay?" I said.

" I won't. Bye." He said.

" How will you go Shivanya?" Aunty asked.

" I'm taking auto aunty." I said.

She nodded and I left.

I took an auto to the restaurant. Lavanya and Reyansh were standing outside.

" Shivanya! It has been six years!" Lavanya exclaimed as we hugged. Then I hugged Reyansh.

" Let's sit." He said.

I nodded.

I told both of them about Aditi Di and me quitting in New York.

" I think you did the right thing. Besides, you can always practice here once you clear the bar." Reyansh said

I nodded in agreement.

We ordered and ate something, talked again for a while and then they dropped me home.

" I'll see you guys on Sunday." I said, entering home after bidding them bye.

Weeks passed by and Aditi Di got weaker with each passing day. It was 31st October and she was on life support.

I was waiting outside her ward. Abhimanyu was in there with Di.

" Aditi is calling everybody in." He said, coming to the door.

I nodded and walked in with all our family.

Aditi Di looked worse. She looked in pain and there was nothing I could do.