Author's Ramble!!

(See what I did there? Instead of the usual 'Author's Note' everyone used to, I used 'Author's Ramble'. Quite creative right? *I know!* Lol!

Eehmm.. since that's all cleared up, let's get back to business y'all!)

I am not a poet.

Really, I'm not.

I just have somehow been blessed with poets as friends (one even wrote a full length poem - if there's anything like that - for me, as a birthday gift. Sweet huh?).

Such friends that make me crave the clean and sincere art of poetry.

So, being the novelist I happen to be, I've always wanted to dive a little further from novel writing to poems.

(I love diversity! Not sure if I portray such, but the love for it forever remains in me!)

That wish of mine partly came true when I somewhat stumbled on - in my old English textbook - haiku!

Now you might be wondering what a haiku is, am I right?

Well, listen - or rather, read - up!

Haiku refers to a form of lyrical poem originated from Japanese.

It consists of three unrhymed lines of five and seven syllables. (I stand to be corrected.)

So, on knowing and reading several haiku(s) I decided to write mine and fulfill that poem wish true.

Having said that, I'd love to clearly explain the concept behind : Flawed!

Flawed! is a haiku that expresses everyone's struggle with flaws. And the consistent battle with self acceptance and adoration.

It has been divided into three parts - which you must have noticed in the summary, earlier.

The parts are;

1. Imperfections

2. Self - hatred

3. Redemption.

Although these are the main components, I refuse to look past the first stage, which I term Ignorance.

It's more of that stage where you know something's wrong right within you - the exact cause of your unhappiness - but you just can't put a finger at what exactly is the cause. At that moment, your flaws might just be 'not yet identified' by you. But the saddening feeling doesn't stop, though as mentioned earlier, you're unnable to pinpoint the cause of it all.

Anyway, at the beginning of each phase - as I'd love to call it - they'll be such explanations of what the phases represents.

And at the beginning of each chapter they'll be a particular well written haiku in something like a quote form.

So, I really hope you follow me on this haiku journey. And most of all, I hope the poems help you learn, grow and accept your flaws as an inherent, improvable part of your whole existent..

[P.S.:- Guys, I know haiku poems express nature. But I'd love to jump a little past this rule. (According to the internet, it's totally okay to do that). So, please do take note of this.]

Never forget, you're beautiful just the way you are!

Stay Gorgeous, y'all!

From your dearest amateur soon-to-be poet (Eish, that sounds good, lol!),

Komfort😘