Mandy

I start to cry and Max takes out the necklace and holds it to the woman's lifeless body. A red beam of smoke gets sucked out of her and into the necklace. Max's smoke sword disappears and he puts the empty hilt back in his pocket and runs back to me. He wraps his arms around me as I weep.
"w-who was that m-Max!!" I stuttered between each crying breath.
"Her name is Mandy.. She's a very evil person Amber!" He said
I sobbed even harder "she.. What.."
I cut myself off and layed my head on Max. "We have to go.. It's not safe here anymore," he said, picking me up off the ground. "Please..I can't fly anymore, I need to walk this off," he looked at me worriedly and shook his head "yes." We started walking away from Mandy when I asked him about the necklace.
"What went into the necklace?"
"That was her power.. We have to contain it so that it doesn't infect anyone else."
"Infect? You mean like a disease?"
"Well what happenes is her power will roam around until it finds a victim.. Just like what would happen if a fader was killed.. But infecting is different from injecting."
"Injecting?" I ask confused
"Mandy is called a runner.. And runner's and faded's each have different rings. And at the rings is were you get your power from but you have to be of that power to get it. So humans can't become either of us." he explained
I look up at him trying to take in all the information he just gave me. "We can fade now." I told him. Max grabbed my hand and put on his hood.