Where It All Started

Betty walked down the hall and straight to her locker. She put some of her books in her locker and turned right around to see Kevin Keller doing the same thing.

Betty walked over to her friend and leaned against the locker next to his. He closed his locker and just stared at her with an arched eyebrow.

"What?" Kevin finally asked.

"Why do you think I always need something." Betty asked, looking up at the taller teen.

"Because you do always need something. Let me guess: something to do with the Black Hood."

"Actually, no. The football team is throwing a party for basically everyone in the school. They got permission to have it in the gym. You wanna go?" Betty looked at him with her puppy eyes and Kevin looked down with a small smirk.

"Fine, but I think I'm gonna need a ride unless my dad lets me take the truck." Kevin did not want to get a ride. He preferred driving by himself. It showed his dad that he wasn't gonna drink and usually Kevin turns into the designated driver.

He doesn't like drinking since his dad tells him about the horrible things it does. Kevin asked his dad if he could drink and his dad said that he'd have to be over 21 and he shouldn't have more than 2-3 beers. He explained to Kevin how many teens he has found dead of alcohol poisoning and also some adults. He said 'that they party till it's actually over'.

"I'd give you a ride, but we're taking Jug's motorcycle."

"Does your mom even know you go on Jughead's motorcycle?" Kevin asked, enthused.

"Not really, but knowing her I'm sure she'll find her ways. In the meantime, you gonna walk me to class, Keller."

"Keller! Betty you never call me by my last name." Betty just shrugged and laughed a little at Kevin's surprised face.

They made some small talk on the way to class and went to their seats. The first day they had to choose their partners. Since Moose told Kevin to come with him he's Kevin's permanent partner. Betty and Veronica are also permanent partners.

Every time Kevin and Moose are always so awkward near each other. Kevin gets a little jealous when he looks at the two girls in front of them. B&V are always laughing.

This time they turned around so they were facing Kevin. The teacher is always late to class since it's first period and he lives a long ways from the school. The girls stared at Kevin trying to avoid eye contact with Moose so it wasn't as awkward.

"So, Kevin, you coming to the party?" Veronica asked.

Kevin just nodded and smirked a little.

"Good." Kevin was about to respond, but the teacher finally showed up.

"Alright, lets get class started!"
-------------------------------
Later that day...

"So dad, there's this party the Bulldogs are throwing at the gym tomorrow. I was wondering if I could take the truck." Kevin asked his dad in his study. His dad looked up from his paper work and just stared at him.

"Um, look Kevin, I don't need you driving all over the place alone." His dad said, hesitantly.

"No, dad I swear I'm only going to the party. That's it." Kevin pleaded.

"Fine, but I want you back here by 9." Kevin nodded and walked out of his dad's study.

He went up to his room and texted Betty and Veronica.

Kevin: my dad said I can take the truck

Betty: yayyyyy

Veronica: that's great!!!