In the Night

"I am proud to say I will be leading the Bulldogs this year as Captain." In the crowd you can hear most the Bulldogs bark, scaring some of the students near them. They did that almost every time Reggie said something.

"And what better way to start off the season than throw a huge party." Everyone cheered to this. Some even lifted up their most likely spiked drinks.

The 5 teens(Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Archie, and Kevin) stayed away from the spiked drinks. Apparently Kevin wasn't the only one trying not to get 'drunk'. How drunk can you get from a spiked drink? Thought Kevin.

The night went exceptionally well. The students forgot about their worries for the school year and just had a good time. Even Betty and Jughead were happy.

The Black Hood took a big toll on those two so it was nice to see them happy.

In the end Kevin had to drive some of the football players home. They insisted on getting drove home by the sheriff's son.

He drove them home at 8:47P.M.

He got home at 9:23P.M.

Let's just say his dad was not happy. Kevin didn't answer his phone while he was driving and he totally lost track of time. Once he got home he walked in to see his father pacing in the kitchen on the phone.

When Kevin closed the door his dad stopped dead in his tracks.

"I'll call you back." His dad sounded extremely mad.

He looked Kevin up and down and found no injuries on his son.

"Where the hell have you been?!" His father walked a little closer to Kevin.

"I-I drove some of the guys home. I didn't think-"

"You didn't think what? You didn't think that you had to be home by 9."
Keller got even closer to Kevin.

"Dad I'm sorry I just drove some of the guys home. I'm only like 20 minutes late, right?" Keller got even closer. He got close enough for him to reach out and grip the back of  Kevin's neck. He pulled Kevin's head so he was looking straight at him.

"Kevin, I can't worry everyday that you may die. You're my son. The sheriff's son. You're an easy target for The Black Hood or any people I've arrested. I already worry about your mother when she's over seas. I need you to please listen to me." Kevin could see the tears forming in his dad's eyes. The grip on his neck got tighter.

"Dad I-" Kevin thought again before he spoke. "I don't know if I can do that. You want me to be home by curfew, get good grades, make good friends, make the house nice, make dinner and sometimes breakfast too, get into college and get a job. But the one thing you don't want me to do is worry about you. You don't think I worry about you too. You don't text me when you stay later for work. Anytime I'm waiting home for you, and you don't show up, I get scared. I get terrified that you'll die and mom would come back and I don't even know where'd she take me because I know how much she hated Riverdale." Kevin kept getting angrier with each word spoken. He didn't really know why he was getting so worked up, but by the end he just left.

Both Keller's were extremely worked up and Kevin thought it was best if he just went up to his room.

The entire night was quiet.
---------------------------------

The next morning when Kevin woke up he avoided his dad. The only thing was, was that his dad had already left for work.

Kevin's morning felt a lot slower now. He went to grab the keys to the truck, but they weren't there. He looked outside and the truck was still there.