[1] The Plastics

It all started when they invited her to their lunch table.

It was also the day when she learned that lunch time was World War III in school.

She could tell from the people who was sitting with who: jocks, people that took out their stress in food, dramatic people, nerds, Asian guys, etc.

"This seat's taken," a girl said, placing her purse on a seat that was obviously not taken. It made her angry, but she moved on.

Going around and around like the lights on a Christmas tree. Yet she failed to make any new friends.

She was walking to the bathroom to eat alone when she passed their table.

The Plastics.

She had heard from Anemone and Clay who they were. The Plastics- fake as a plastic, pretty as a Barbie.

According to Anemone, everyone worshipped the Plastics. Everyone except her, apparently.

She must have been just standing there dumbly, because one of the girls nudged the one in the middle.

"Sit." In the middle was a girl with blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes. That must be her. Glory. "So...who are you? I don't think I have seen you before."

"What?" Tsunami said. "Oh. I moved here from...from Africa."

Glory raised an eyebrow. "From Africa?"

"Yeah. I was homeschooled." Tsunami tried to give her a grin.

Glory's eyes widened. "Homeschooled? Shut up! Shut up!"

"I...I didn't say anything." This girl was confusing the crap out of her.

She ignored her. "Coolness! So, like, this is new to you? Like, coming to school?"

Tsunami scratched her neck. "Y-yeah." Coolness? Seriously?

The one that was sitting at the right side of Glory gave her a confused look. "If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

Tsunami gave her a frown. You don't have to be an African American to live in Africa, duh!

"Oh my gosh, Fatespeaker, you just don't ask people why they're white!" The one right side of Glory said. She then turned to Tsunami. Her green eyes were sparkling, which sort of have her an innocent, merry look. "Heyyy. I'm Sunny. I think it's really cool you came to our school. Besides, you're really, really pretty."

Tsunami suddenly felt very uncomfortable. She had heard words like crazy rich and ugly and pretty ugly, but never really really pretty. "Thanks?"

Glory stopped sipping her drink to give her a strange look. "So you agree? You think you're really pretty?"

Tsunami felt overwhelmed. Am I not supposed to? "Huh? I...I don't know."

"Hey, can you give us some privacy for a moment?" Glory said with a smile.

Tsunami blinked. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

She focused on eating her lunch, her eyes on her apple juice. She turned and gave a look to her Clay and Anemone, who were sitting behind her.

They just shrugged.

The Plastics were whispering to each other. Is this normal for girls in the school?

I don't fit at all, do I?

"What's your name again?" Glory asked, apparently done with all the privacy.

"Tsunami," she replied.