Chapter 21

(sorry the chapter is really short!!)

Nicolette's POV

I slowly got up from the ground, and walked downstairs to the entrance of the hospital. I tried my best not to cry every time I politely smiled at someone. I got to the entrance and stopped for a moment. I heard someone yell my name.

"Nicolette!" I turned around and saw Justin. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. He caught up to me and grabbed my arm. I turned around and yelled at him.

"Get off of me! Don't touch me." I tried to turn back around but he didn't let me.

"Why are you acting like-" I cut him off.

"THAT WAS EXACTY WHY I WAS HESITANT ABOUT LETTING YOU IN THERE! I KNEW YOU WERE STILL IN LOVE WITH HER, I JUST KNEW IT!" I screamed. Tears wear streaming down my face and wouldn't stop. He tried to wipe them away, but I smacked his and and backed away.

"I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE AND GO BACK TO YOUR LITTLE GIRLFRIEND. WOULDN'T WANT HER GETTING HURT WOULD YOU?" I emphasized. 'her'. He promised he wouldn't let me get hurt, yet he did it himself. I ran out the hospital with Justin left speechless.

I few blocks down I ended up waling and then, to my luck it started raining. It was really cold. I was shivering trying to keep myself warm. I tried to look where I am, but it could've helped if I payed attention to where I was going. I was lost. I heard a beep from a car next to me. I jumped and looked to my left. Chaz. He pulled over and got out of the car, running over to me.

"Chaz? What are you doing here??" I asked him. He put his big jacket over me, and lead me to his car.

"Justin called me." He opened the door for me and shut it, running over to the other side. He got in and drove off.

"Why would you come and get me?" I asked him. He smiled.

"Nicki I can't just not come and get you." I looked away and stayed silent.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Don't be." I whispered, looking out the window of the car.

"Well, I am." Then there was a long silence. You could hear the rain pouncing on the car. I sighed and was about to say something. But Chad beat me to it.

"Can you talk to me?" He asked. I paused and then continued.

"He promised he wouldn't let anyone hurt me." I let my tears fall.

"But he did it himself." I whispered. He sighed this time and stopped the car. I had just noticed we were at his house.

He jumped out the car and jogged over to my side. He opened my door and picked me up bridal style, shutting the door and walking up to his front door. He turned the knob and walked in, shuting the door with his foot behind him. He sat down on the couch and had me in his lap.

"Shhh." He whispered calmly in my ear as he heard my sobs. He rocked me back and forth, trying to sooth me.

"Chaz? When you were really good friends with Justin and I wasn't here, did he have problems. Like, possibly harming?" I asked slowly. He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know. Does he..." He asked.

"Well when we were home a few days ago, we still had the issue of the cheating thing. I walked into his bathroom..." I cried harder.

"It's all my fault.." I coughed. Chaz tried to calm me but it wouldn't work anymore.

"Do you wanna go up to my room and be alone for a little bit?" He asked me concerned. I nodded. He helped me up and put his arm around me, leading me upstairs.

He left me in his room, and its pretty nice for a guys room. I layed down on the bed and soon fell asleep.

-----

When I woke up I was really warm. I still had Chaz's jacket on, and he had covered me up with a really soft and fuzzy blanket. I yawned and sat up. My face felt weird, like there was something stuck to it. I wiped my face with my hands and felt dried tears on my face. I cried myself to sleep. I stood up and went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw a note on the counter. It read

"Nicki, I went out to do some things. I locked all the doors and windows for a reason. If you don't want to find out that reason I suggest you don't open the windows or doors. No matter what.  stay here please... enjoy anything you want.

        Love, Chaz." I read the note out loud and set the note down. I went into the fridge and looked around. I finally found a pack of popcorn kernels. I popped the bag and started eating it, turning on the news.

"Nicolette Adams missing." Were the first words I heard.