28. INFATUATION

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
[INFATUATION]

Molly watched from the thin hospital glass window that separated the emergency room from the public

Molly watched from the thin hospital glass window that separated the emergency room from the public. Kai was propped up on the hospital bed with IV's and bandages all over him, Jo stood next to the bed with a clipboard.

Molly couldn't hear anything but she could tell by the looks on Jo faces that Kai was endlessly pestering her as she just tried to do her job. Jo rolled her eyes and spun on her heel, walking out the door and quietly shutting it behind her, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"He's gonna be fine." Jo says. Molly tries not to look or sound too relieved, so she just nodded in response. "How are you doing?" She asks.

Molly inhales sharply. "Okay, I think." She says. "I healed up pretty quickly but—"

"Car wrecks are still scary." Jo finishes her sentence, and Molly frowns and nods.

They terrified her, actually. A car wreck was how she triggered the curse in the first place— and it kept her from driving again for months.

"Molly," Tyler says from down the hall, she directs his attention towards him and lets a groan escape her lips as he walks towards her quickly. "What the hell happened?" He says, narrowing his eyebrows at her.

"Um, your girlfriend tried to kill me— that's what." Molly says, crossing her arms as she replayed the sight of seeing Liv appearing out of nowhere right in front of the car.

"She wasn't trying to kill you. She was—"

"Trying to kill Kai." Molly interrupts. "While taking me, and the entire coven down with him." She raises her eyebrows. "Did you know?"

Tyler shook his head. "I thought she went back to Portland with her dad."

Molly bit the inside of her cheek and nodded, still frustrated as to what Liv's thought process was. She glanced out into the emergency room where Kai was. His eyes were closed as he rested, bruises and cuts lined his cheeks, slightly bloodied bandages wrapped his arms and hands.

"It's what he deserves." Tyler says, turning towards the window to look at Kai, too.

Molly glances down at her feet at his words, wanting nothing more than to just yell and scream about how wrong Tyler was about Kai.

"What the hell were you even doing with him?" Tyler says.

Molly quickly directs her attention back to Tyler as a sense of panic fell through her veins, as she hadn't pre-planned an excuse. "I—" She says, stumbling on her words and trying not to make it so obvious how hard she was thinking. "He showed up at the Salvatore house when I was there and—" Tyler didn't look pleased. "I needed to talk to him." The words fell from her mouth before she could find anything better to say. "About what he did."