~ 4 ~

Now

Killian's POV:

We were happy. I know he was happy. I saw it in his eyes when he said those cruel words, when he betrayed me. He hated doing all of it because he really felt something for me. He didn't admit it, but his eyes told me that he did. I just want to know what happened to make him do this. Why would he, not only break my heart, but his own heart as well?

I need to explain what he did. You could take a good guess as to what it is.

Flashback

I have been allowed into Pan's camp for a while. I keep trying to get him to fully decide not to go through with the plan with Henry. But today, he's been avoiding me. No matter what I said or what I did, I was ignored.

Now, in his camp with the lost boys and Henry, he walks toward Henry and I try to stop him, but all he says is, "Get out of my way." He keeps walking but I yell, "Peter!" and grab his shoulder. He turns around suddenly and grabs my throat tightly, closing my windpipe. He holds me in the air with his magic. I grab his wrist, signaling him to stop. He just says through his teeth, "Stay out of my way or you will regret it." He lets me go.

Of course Henry didn't see any of that. The lost boys are blocking his view, talking and laughing very loudly.

Pan stands there still, watching to see if I'll do anything. I just look at him and ask, "Why? What happened?" "Oh that's right," he says, "You still think I love you. News flash, Hook: I never did." "No," I say, shocked that he would even say something like this, "No, you're lying." "Am I?" he asks. I stay silent. "I'm just surprised you were stupid enough to fall for it," he says and pauses with his index finger in the air. Then in a mocking voice he says, placing that hand on his chest, "To fall for me."

I'm at a loss for words. What is happening?

"I thought my son, The Dark One, for the time that you've known him, you would have figured out that I'd be far worse than him. After all, I'm part of the reason why he is the way he is now," he says, "For example, I would've done more than cut off your hand and kill your girlfriend. I would've destroyed everything you loved, including your beloved ship. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I fooled you. I made you love me so I could crush your heart," he pauses, "Not literally. Ruining your life even further was just a bonus to my plan. So please, stay out of my way." I open my mouth to say something, with tears in my eyes, but he stops me by getting closer to me suddenly and saying, "And just to let it sink in.." he pauses then says through his teeth, "I do not love you."

I stare into his eyes. His eyes don't look angry. They don't seem to say that he's reveling in my misery, either. I see his eyebrows form to make him look sad, but only for a split second. He told me about his plan to take my heart. If this is true then he would've done it already. After I see his eyes get a little red, he blinks before turning and walking away.

I see him put Henry to sleep carefully so he wouldn't notice. Pan whispers to a few lost boys, including Felix, and they walk toward me threateningly. "No. No!" I shout as they grab me, pulling me away, letting Felix lead the way. I shout more, struggling against them, "No, Peter! You're lying! Don't do this!" Once I can't see him anymore, I yell, "I'm coming back for you! You bloody hear me?! I'm coming back for you!"

End of Flashback

I should've known it was coming. I knew, from experience, that men don't change that quickly. Not even for something as "small" as love. But I know that deep down he feels something. He's only scared of dying weak and he doesn't truly understand yet what it means to be loved. I need to find a way to show him. But first I need to find a way to keep him alive without that damned hourglass.

Henry already has his heart back and he's back in his own body, but they're planning on killing Pan when he wakes up without my consent. But I know that Pan will like my idea of how to keep him alive without Henry's heart. But I still haven't found out how yet. I know I'll be judged by my choices of chasing after Pan, but I know something is there. I touched something within him and he's burying it, thinking it will keep him strong. I'm going to try to dig it back up.

Pan's POV:

Everything I felt for Killian is all true. I fell in love in the short while he was was in Neverland. But everything I've done to get where I am now... I can't let it go to waste. I need to stay alive. But hopes of that plan are crushed because they, not only gave Henry his heart back, but they put him back in his own body as well. And now I'm here dreaming about my mistakes.

I try to ignore the memories as best I can. I don't need to be reminded of my pain. I needed to do this. Sometimes, what you have to do will hurt the ones you love. There's no other way.

(A/N: I am going to continue writing this story. Please stick around as I'm thinking of new ideas. I'm going to try to make it better. Thank you!)