1

Alyssa shook her leg nervously as she awaited her group's assignment. She had done it. She couldn't believe it. She was starting college in two weeks and needing some fun and a distraction, she had signed her and her friends up for the one night game at the amusement park down the street. It was a new attraction in town and she thought what better way to blow off some steam than try it out?

She hoped they would get a good assignment so that her friends would be more open to the idea after she told them. Yeah, she hadn't told them yet and the money was non-refundable and attendance was non-negotiable according to what she had read. Besides, she had already forged their signatures on the non-disclosure and liability waiver she had submitted for the group, so there was no turning back now. Though she found it odd to need a non-disclosure waiver for a theme park, Alyssa shrugged it off. It was a new park after all and maybe they just wanted to keep some of the mystery alive. She shivered beneath her jacket as she waited for the machine to spit out the paper with housing assignments. It was the end of September now and autumn was in full swing making it rather chilly.

Suddenly the machine sputtered to life and spit out a narrow slip of paper which Alyssa snatched greedily, slowly taking in the words. It read...

Group 5a assignment

Housing: hotel room 223

Personas-

Alyssa: grocery manager

Soren: coffee barista

Blake: film overseer

Emma: movie theater concession stand worker

Colton: lifeguard

Report time: 7:35 on the dot at gate #9

Alyssa sighed in relief as she realized they were at least all stationed together. There were several rules for the game that she took note of. First, show up on time. Not a second late. The gates lock at 7:40 pm and do not unlock until 7:40 am. Second, you must show up at your assigned job. Third, there will be five tasks that need to be completed to be eligible to win the game.

Alyssa pondered the peculiarity of this theme park. It seemed as if it was more of a game simulation than anything else. She figured whatever she and her friends were in for would still be fun and they would make it interesting, nonetheless.

As she pocketed the paper, she ran through her mind the different scenarios that may happen when she broke the news. Every scene she could think of played out with them all going. Although two of her scenarios did end with half of them hating each other by the end of the discussion. She cringed at the thought of her friends turning on each other. Sure they'd be mad at her for not telling them first or even asking them but she was sure they'd end up coming around to the idea. She hopped into the car to go meet them at the diner they always had a reserved table at.

As she pulled into the small parking lot, she started to question her logic. She knew Emma would never go for it. She had school on the brain and there was no way she would waste any study time without having an aneurysm. Plus, Soren would probably laugh her out of the diner seeing as he never wants to do anything that could be considered fun. She closed her eyes tight taking several deep breaths before forcing herself out of the car and plastering a smile on her face as she glided into the old retro restaurant.