2

A bell rang as Alyssa entered and she turned to the right where her friends all sat at the corner booth. They had mounds of food around them which Blake was inhaling, not even pausing for a breath. Emma and Soren were laughing about something while Colton's eyes immediately found hers like they always do. Her step stuttered under his strong gaze but she pushed forward.

"Hey, guys! You won't believe the idea I just had!" Alyssa chirped and the rest of the group eyed her warily.

"Another idea?" Emma asked, placing a hand to her mouth as if she were going to be sick.

"Yes. Don't worry though this one is going to be great!" She beamed and the boys continued to spear her with their eyes. She gulped before continuing with her news. "okay, so I was doing some research and found that the amusement park down the street had one more spot open for a group to attend their one night challenge and well, I signed us up!" She rambled in one giant breath. The table went silent and a fork clattered somewhere behind them.

"You what?" Soren pressed.

"Tell me you didn't," Blake said.

"Alyssa seriously?" Colton asked.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Emma said.

      Yeah, with college coming in two weeks, to say everyone was completely stressed out would be an understatement. Probably not the best timing on Alyssa's part.

"It won't be that bad! Look I already got our assignment and we're all together!" Alyssa continued, trying to win them over. She passed the paper on to Soren who glanced at it before passing it around to the others.

"Come on guys it'll be easy! Blake is the brawn and Soren is the brain, I know my way around mechanics, Emma's super resourceful and can make things out of complete trash, and Colton, well, Colton's just there, but come on, we can do this!" Alyssa encouraged.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Emma said again, her face completely pale, "You know how much work I have to finish for school coming up! I don't have time to go play around all night." Slight panic was evident in her tone and the boys exchanged glances and silent words before Soren spoke again.

"Well, we've all been super stressed lately, and I guess it could be fun. Plus we'd all get to hang out and we won't get much of that when we all go our separate ways."

"So you'll do it?" Alyssa squealed eagerly.

"We're in," Soren said on behalf of the guys who nodded in agreement. Then they all turned to Emma who still looked like she was focusing on not regurgitating her burger and fries.

"Em? What do you say?" She nudged her and Emma met her eyes, the fear in them almost tangible.

"I'm in," she said and the boys let out a little cheer.